Income???

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by philjo, Dec 22, 2008.

1. corysti

corysti Medium Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Arkansas
    haha, Yea Wal-mart is your friend. I've learned that from my father hehe. Yea that's what I would do. Once in a while i will treat myself at the truck stop but the rest of the time is a "poor mans dinner"

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Well, all I can offer is it seems like although "Trucking" is a 24/7 opperation, DISPATCH seems to have become a 9-5 M-F opperation (with the obligatory hour to get coffee on Monday, and the sneaking out early on Friday)

I only just started training with one of the big companies and already I'm seeing troubling signs of the "people who live in cubicles have no clue" mentality I tried to get away from.

Also just comming off of 5 months of Unemployment I really don't need any "training" in sittting on my bottom.

So basically ever weekend has been a 34 for me so far. Which would be fine if 1.) I wasnt sharing a truck with a trainer, and 2.) I was home.

I can't wait untill I get my own truck and can install my X-box, laptop, DVD collection, etc. Then the 34's won't bother me so much.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.