Independant contractor

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Ada2d, May 31, 2011.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Every audit I have ever been on, it is one of the first things looked at.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tjones_39

tjones_39 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2011
    I am not you and you are not me . I did the right thing and payed the taxes for two years and then when they would not change the classification I then turned them in . I now have my money in the bank . The IRS is offering those rogue companies / under the radar a new deal . You should read up on it . You see GMan .... You are probably a nice individual and I can respect your opinion but my friend I was cheated in more ways then this when I worked for this company I am only sorry I couldn't have done more damage .

Roadmedic Thanks this.
  4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Anyone that works under those terms is being cheated.

5. 2fuzy

2fuzy Road Train Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Granite Canon,WY
    To be considerd as a contractor there are 3 critera that must be met 1. Is you must supply your own equipment to preform the work that is why if you lease a truck it will always be through another party othef then the carrier 2. You must be in control of your businesses as far as how to preform the job such as when where and how. That is why lease/owners have no forced dispatch 3. You must be free to seek work elsewhere this is the one that trucking companies will probably get hung on in the future but maybe not as the mc numbers plate exetera kind of make a conflict of laws but some where along the line i imagine the irs will start to care

6. galloping ghost

galloping ghost Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2014
    You are a company driver if you have your own truck and own authority then you are independent

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.