Indian River 2018

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by bigcat1124, Mar 12, 2018.

1. bigcat1124

bigcat1124 Heavy Load Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I recently left my prior job due to moving back to Florida unexpectedly. Long story about that. The company I drove for didn’t hire out of FL. I’ve always had an eye on IRT and even applied in the past, but I didn’t know if tanker was for me. I decided to make the jump. I’m on my 3rd trip so far and i have to say, it’s a different world pulling a tanker. We have very nice equipment. They have been very helpful about answering all of my questions. I left out last a Wednesday from Winter Haven, FL with a preloaded tanker heading to Murray, Kentucky. I did a D/H there and headed over to London for another D/H and took that one up to Massachusetts for yet another D/H.

I’m now getting my tank washed and getting loaded at the Port of Wilmington, DE and heading back up to Connecticut. So far, so good.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I am interested in them. I have a friend of a friend there.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  4. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Well, I made my delivery in Connecticut and got caught in the big storm, so I hit the TA and watched it snow all day. I was given a preplan to pick up in Newark, heading down to Arden, NC. They wanted me to do a couple of shuttles in the area, but when I got to the customer, they already had the loads covered. So I hit OJ’s for a tank wash and grabbed my load. Hopefully no more snow!

5. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Finally out of the snow..lol. I got unloaded yesterday in NC and took my break at the customer. Was told, unless you here from us, head towards Delaware. Well, before they left, they sent me up to Strasburg, VA to load, which I’m doing now, and heading to St. Petersburg, FL. Way better than Delaware. I’ll take it..lol

roadhammer123 and motocross25 Thank this.
  6. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
  7. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    Been running pretty good. I’m in my 3rd truck since I’ve been here, but I have to say, they have no problems getting you swapped. No waiting on it to get repaired. I am really liking the tanker side of trucking. On my way to Little Rock to deliver.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  8. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I delivered my load and was given a load that picks up in Memphis and delivers in Henderson, NV. Nice run and I always like running west...

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Do you find yourself doing a lot of dropping and hooking or is it a lot of pumping on and/or off product? ALSO how is the automatic with a smooth bore tank?

10. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    So far, it’s been about 50/50 live load/unload and D/H. The good thing here, we don’t do any of the loading/unloading. We either D/H or the customer does the loading/unloading. As for the automatic, I like it. If you never pulled a tank before like me, it does take a little getting used to. The transmission works well with it.

VIDEODROME and motocross25 Thank this.
  11. bigcat1124

Nov 15, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I delivered my Henderson, NV load yesterday. I’m sitting up in Prosser, WA, getting my tanker washed. Picking up about 12 miles from here, heading to City of Industry, CA. I had an extra day on my last run, so I grabbed a spot at a truck stop close by and hung out on the Vegas Strip Wednesday evening. Had a blast!

Paddlewagon, Vic Firth and motocross25 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.