Indian River Driver Shot

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by ofgorsi, Jun 24, 2016.

1. ofgorsi

ofgorsi Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
  4. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    I pray for his family, that they are provided for AND that they get justice.

NavigatorWife and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Out here in cali this isnt that uncommon. Punks get they're kicks out of shooting drivers in the middle of the night for no ####ing reason.

NavigatorWife and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Is a terrible story but I hope it can be determined if this is a road rage incident or a random shooting. Road rage is bad. Random shooting is bad and extremely troubling looking forward and for the local and state law enforcement people to address a problem that can occur anywhere, anytime.

Is this one individual? Or a new trend by a "group" of people seeking "justice" against the trucking industry?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  7. KriegHund

KriegHund Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2015
    On a hill south of heaven
    One thing you can do to help protect yourself, try keeping your seat back far enough in order that your keeping head back even with door pillars. This is something that a lot of combat vet's do. That door pillar can stop or slow down a round and save your life.
    Be safe, be vigilant.

Easttexan, NavigatorWife and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    In addition to that, do not pull up at intersections so that your driver window is directly beside the passenger or driver window of another vehicle. Stop just a bit back, so that if they do try to shoot, they have to at least turn in their seat to do so. This does two things. First, if you are observant, it gives you a second to get down when you see a gun coming up. Second, it might be just enough to throw off their aim, (in the highly UNLIKELY event that they DO aim,) just enough to let you get down.

NavigatorWife and KriegHund Thank this.
  9. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    "Tai Cook"... he was in the wrong industry with a name like that. I'm thinking a chef in a Thai restaurant...

tucker Thanks this.
  10. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    I have always feared this ever since that psycho years back was recording truckers and eventually shot at one . Now I look at very single car coming up around me . If I saw someone point a gun at me in my head I keep replaying the image of side swiping them. Would I? I don't know haven't been in that situation

bmack and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Guy I know at Indian River told the driver got into a road rage incident with a biker gang, got shot with a .45 caliber through the driver's side window. Will see if that is the case.

NavigatorWife and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.