Indian river transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Rubber_ducky, Dec 9, 2016.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    From what I've read on this forum IR doesn't pay for waiting time to load or unload.
    On the flip side, they're probably the best rested bunch of drivers you'll meet,:rolleyes:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    The pay is pretty good if you're a loader or one of the shuttlers that goes between the yard and the dairies, or the yard and the cheeseplant over in Clovis. However, the long-haul guys, it's a mixed bag. I've heard some of the drivers being real comfortable running continuously between the Clovis Yard and places like San Antonio and Fort Worth. While the 48-state guys, like all other companies, will occasionally gripe about getting camped out some place on the east coast.
    Give it a shot and see if it works out or not.

As for me, I'm still gunning for a local position in ABQ, or Phoenix. Got to end the country-living sentence sooner than later!!

4. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL
    Was there a few years ago,fo the third time. Always liked it therr,something was just different not sure what. Could have just been me. Many times load from Fl to NJ, which would put you on the northeast board. Darren ran that area, he would run you from Pennsylvania to Dacula over and over and over. Plenty of work. Never nknew of a sliding payscale. OTR paid mileage local payed percentage( many times based on wght)

Ooops Thanks this.
  5. Mackel

Mackel Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Thanks, it's hard to find new info about IRT.

6. River-driver

River-driver Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    They did a sliding scale AFTER they went to elog. I really loved pulling tank for those guys. I left because I had a chance to pull stage equipment for country music singers. I can't remember how much they raised their rates once they put in elog. I left before that devil box came in.

I loved running out of the Clovis yard the best. when you get to Florida MANY loads go to Jersey, and Canada....(burn your pass port) or you will get stuck in that region longer. Loads from Florida go everywhere. Everybody wants to go to Cali. If you get that sometimes you have to go north and south on the west coast before you get spit out to the east.

I felt like it was a local job spread out across the country. you get used to alot of the same customers. They don't give too much thought to deadhead ing you. (not like some freight hauling company that is scared of having u dead head 20 miles lol). You could be in Clovis NM at the back of line, and they tell ya...Em dead head to Tulare, CA. The business keeps ya moving good. if you are loaded you gotta go...that milk don't stay cold forever. if you are empty....ya gotta go (you just got the inside of the tank washed, and they want it loaded before the wash expires.

one more thing....I agree I think that maybe the recruiter there is not always the most friendly....look past it. ok, I'm done rambling. ;)

7. Yeswecan2

Yeswecan2 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Try BYNUM Transport in Auberndale FL.

Ooops and Rubber_ducky Thank this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    They're hiring on the west coast, anyone here that works the west side?

9. omg-downshift!

omg-downshift! Light Load Member

Oct 1, 2012
    South Texas
    Talked to one of their drivers just yesterday while fueling. He did not sound well, and said the miles just are not there. My very first driving job was hauling milk, glycerin, molasses, for reynolds. Miles were fantastic. Trucks were fast but stupid small and pay sucked. But they trained me. We loaded our own product at dairy. I would look at Ruan, they were the only other guys I saw at the dairies. I think they have a good rep, but not sure. Tankers out of new mexico. But of course run everywhere.

bentstrider83 and dca Thank this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I think I've seen a ruan yard off the 99 in ca

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    For the mention, I'm exploring options, I'm not certain when who where what and all that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.