Indian River

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by chp56, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spring Chicken

Spring Chicken Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    Are you averaging more than 2130 miles a week?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Spring Chicken

Apr 6, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    That's what I averaged at IRT over 17 weeks.

4. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Spring you oughta look into food grade pneumatic. There's no labor on the loading end. On the unloading end its very minimal. Hook up a hose, turn some valves and watch a few gauges. I usually sit in the truck and watch them from my mirror. Get out every 20 minutes or so to turn a few valves then get back inside. The detention time is at most 30 minutes to an hour. Wash outs last 10 days to 2 weeks so you don't have to deal with that anymore either.

5. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    what kind of stuff do they haul in food grade Pneumatic? I live in Missouri so I assume they do a lot of corn in them so I wonder if that would be easy to find a job in my area that does that

the washes last 10 days? wow!

the downfall is they take like 30 seals, I would get really annoyed trying to keep track of all the seals (also I can't imagine the seal bill at the end of the year)

6. Spring Chicken

Apr 6, 2013
    Lakeland, FL
    I'm gonna go back to reefer. With electronic logs it's the only kind of trailer I've hauled and made decent money doing it. Yes the waiting can be long and drawn out but you're paid for detention and there are a lot more customers that will let you sleep on their property, which means you're not screwing up your 14 for the day by waiting until your appt to get to a delivery. With tanks, between electronic logs, appt times, and a lack of places that allow overnight parking....it just doesn't work.

7. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    everyplace i went with irt allowed overnight parking except coca cola

8. seabass

seabass Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2007
    The Sunshine State
    I matched your 2100 last week. This week I'll have 3200.

OKTanker_Yanker Thanks this.
  9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

also I can't imagine the seal bill at the end of the year :biggrin_25513: You worry about too much that you have no control over or any bearing on what you do , you can rest assured IRT or whoever your worrying for has the cost of the seals figured into their rates

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  10. Jabber1990

Jabber1990 Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Jackson, MO
    I wasn't talking about IRT, I was talking about pneumatic tankers

I keep getting phone calls and emails from some Pneumatic company named "central" that's all I know about them. they keep wanting to talk to me, for some reason.

11. FLCRACKER

FLCRACKER Medium Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Lorida, FL
    Worked for Walpole for a while pulling a pneumatic only had to check seals at ground level. Hauled sugar out of Clewiston, Fl. All of the seals were not changed every load only about about 8 mainly the ones cut while unloading. In the end not really my thing, pulling a reefer for a small 6 truck company out Sebring now. Run kind of like an O/O they give me load then I work with broker till delivery, good exp for later on if/when I get my own. Starting the planning stage on that now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.