Indian River

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tanker_82, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ¿MadHatter¿

¿MadHatter¿ Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    I do have a brand new pump truck and my dm is in ia. However I have yet to pump on or pump off. When doing pump training, the guy who trains said he goes months without touching pump equipment. All customers spoken about in previous about are regular loads for otr drivers.

Nashville Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nashville

Nashville Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2022
    Where have your runs been the past 3 weeks?

4. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    How many miles have you been averaging each week as a pump truck driver? I’m assuming you’re regional since you have a pump?

5. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I’m curious about this, too. I went home on Tuesday the 28th and just came back to work on Monday evening the 3rd. I kept my truck at the Pilot outside of San Antonio where I live. When I returned, I went down to the Mission terminal and dropped my dirty tank, hooked on to a loaded one that was sitting there with the paperwork in a plastic tube on the rear end. I took it to Fort Worth and dropped it. The guard signed my bill and told me which empty to take. I went back to Mission from there. I dropped that tank on the line at our terminal, same as the previous and hooked on to one that was already loaded with the paperwork in the back tube, same as the others. I’m delivering it in Riverside, California on Monday.

241 to Mission
    493 to Fort Worth
    493 back to Mission
    1,449 to Riverside

That will close out my week returning to work with 2,676 miles. Every single thing was a drop and hook, but the Riverside will be a live unload.

The place I went to in Fort Worth had about 15 IRT trailers sitting there to drop/hook with. The Mission/McAllen terminal is always a drop/hook for everyone. 75% of the places I go to are drop/hook, but there are some live load/unloads throughout the country. I’ve yet to have them hinder my ability to get decent miles for the week, though - even on the weeks where everything I haul is a live load/unload.

6. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Okay. I drive IRT primarily doing the NM/TX/CO/KS runs. However, I got to go down to HQ in Winterhaven to pick up a new truck. Is that turn coming south off of 26 onto Dundee going west a tight one? Never been down there before and the Google maps has it looking quite tricky.

Tanker_82 and Nashville Thank this.
  7. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    That area sounds like a sweet gig....:D

-- Lual

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  8. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    You will be on US 27 south which is a 6 lane highway and right turn onto Dundee Rd. They recently completed making Dundee Rd./Cty. Rd a 4 lane hwy. into town. You go thru 2 lights and before the 3rd light your terminal sits off on the left. You can also turn left at 3rd light and left at first street and the terminal is on the right.

9. DixonM

DixonM Light Load Member

May 22, 2022
    Any one drop at Ocean Spray in Kenosha Wi I have a load I grabbed from the port in Wilmington DE and can be there early in the morning to drop but my appointment time on the load assignment is for 4-11 0900. Will they take it early?

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  10. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Alright. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be taking Clovis-DFW-Shreveport-Jackson-Mobile-until 75 towards Tampa. Haven't been any where near the "south" since 2007.

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  11. ¿MadHatter¿

¿MadHatter¿ Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2014
    So I think "pump driver" is a bit of of a misnomer. More like driver who has the ability to pump. The two pump drivers I have spoken to say they rarely pump. Maybe they will change this in the future? @ 75 bucks a pump on each side why not have the wage guy do it if your paying him on each side. And 75 is what I get. They probably charge 150 for me. I haven't even been on a pump trailer but once.

I hired on asking to be kept east of the Mississippi and never leave east or central time zone
    barring an occasional favor here and there if they need it.

Miles are:

Week 1 was 1543 - orientation week left Thursday am.
    Week 2 was 3070 however this had some exigent circumstances with two late loads and my need to get to storage. 16 hours of det. 11 pd.
    Week 3 -2581 this week when I get to Midlothian texas. 5 hours det.

All loads except 1 pickup were live load and unload both sides. The 1 pickup in dh ended up being 10 hours of det on delivery. Only cuz it maxes at 10. 13 spent?

Please bear in mind these numbers reflect "tarrif" miles. "Not state miles" numbers and not hub miles. I've been paid for 5931 miles my odometer reads 6555. 624 miles in 2.5 weeks.

Some of that ,and in my case, most of that is free work.. State miles is what you actually drive and tarrif miles are what they are going to pay you. They send you a Qualcomm with each loads tarriff and state miles.

For this load the tarriff is 1263 and the state is 1376. I knew this coming on to be fair... I just didn't realize I could be working that much for free. 113 mileage gap is huge. that's the biggest so far.

Also the way they schedule appointments, in order to keep moving to get these great miles you have to sign up for free detention time. They will schedule a delivery or a pickup absurdly in the future. To where if you pickup early, because you aren't following the appt, no det time. They gave me 4 days to drive 1263..oops sorry 1376 miles. They know I'm going to go early. It's there way of circumventing their own detention time policy. I've asked them to change appointment times. They will call the customers for you and let them know you will be there "early" but they will never change the timestamp in the Qualcomm. Get to a shipper and have to PC because it's a 7 hour load time? You are early. No det for you. Happened to me week 2.

Shippers and receivers: Florida,Tennessee,Kentucky, jersey x3, (OJs yay)Wisconsin, Minnesota, Texas, New York upstate.pennsylvania.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    JForce28 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.