Indian River

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Tanker_82, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Tanker_82

Tanker_82 Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I ended up taking that load of egg from Malcom, Iowa to Klingerstown, Pennsylvania (gotta love the narrow roads in the hills getting to that place lol). Went from there to Laurel, Maryland and down to Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Last week was a day short on the pay period due to the holiday. I had right over 2500 miles even with it ending Sunday at midnight instead of Monday. I'm in Murfreesboro now, so the 139 empty and 650 loaded from this trip will be a good jump start on this week. I'll have another 7 days to add to these 789 miles before the period ends. I put in for home time and am trying to get worked that direction. Been out for 3 weeks as of tomorrow.

Rubberduckin and radioshark Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Tanker may not be for me. I get enough of the small two lanes roads as it is. I don't go on them often but enough for me. It's no fun for me with a 53 footer and tandems crosses line in the curves even when you're all the way over.

Dharok and Tanker_82 Thank this.
  4. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I hear ya. I would shoot from the hip and say that out of a 3,000 mile week 100-200 of it is non-interstate.

5. Deadhead75

Deadhead75 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Axis, Al
    I been gone from here for a while and it's good to see you running with IRT again Larry. I loved it when I was there.

Rubberduckin and Tanker_82 Thank this.
  6. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Hey what's up stranger? I was wondering about you the other day and where you ended up.

7. Deadhead75

Deadhead75 Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Axis, Al
    I bought me a day cab and have been running it local. I have one run that's about 80 miles. I am usually under 2000 miles a week.

I have made good money but I miss the road. It's hard because I love being home with my family but I love running on the road.
    I have been kicking around a few ideas.

BigTennOTR and Rubberduckin Thank this.
  8. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I know what you mean. When I left a few years ago I took a local job in Okc running a dedicated route back and forth from Arkansas City, Kansas to the Sara Lee plant in Okc. 6 days a week, off Saturdays. I was pulling a food grade pneumatic hauling flour. It wasn't a horrible job, just didn't pay much and the company was pretty frugal when it came to equipment and what not. I did it for 2 years and came straight back to IRT. Started the New Year off with a new job, more money, better truck, and some variety throughout my workday instead of the same old boring route. It's been going pretty good. The miles are still here if a guy wants them.

Rubberduckin Thanks this.
  9. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Haha Michaels foods on Spain rd use to deliver my back hauls of cheese there gotta love the two lane road right before there but they always unloaded me quick.

Tanker_82 Thanks this.
  10. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah I'm glad I went there in the daylight lol. It made old highway 59 between Noel, Missouri and Gentry, Arkansas look like wide open straight away big road in comparison.

11. Tanker_82

Jun 16, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Well I hit a little speed bump in my travels a few days ago. I was in Coopersville Michigan loading a load to take to Covington Tennessee which was my ticket home to OKC for hometime. I woke up to an abscess tooth and my cheek swole up like I had a baseball in my mouth. I tried to grind it out since I was headed home. I made it to the TA on I-94 exit 12 and after laying in the sleeper hollaring my lungs out in pain and trying to get an Uber ride to a hospital with no luck, I ended up driving into Michigan City Indiana to the emergency room. Drove the rig all up in the parking lot not caring about anything or whether I could get turned around. Lol. Went in and saw the doc, got a prescription of antibiotics and pain meds. Had to go to CVS to get it filled there. Ended up more less passing out in CVS parking lot for 11 hours. From there I went to the Loves in Gary Indiana and got repowered. Been here recovering ever since.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.