Ind'y bound werner???

Discussion in 'Werner' started by harleyg, Feb 6, 2010.

1. harleyg

harleyg Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Boonville
    Any one out there planning to attend indy orientation w/werner soon, or is currently?? Sure would like to hear from you. Have some questions for you if you are willing to answer.. I sure would appreciate it..thanks a lot

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. phroziac

phroziac Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I attended orientation in Indy in september and it is my home terminal. My orientation here was a very memorable, entertaining experience that i will never forget, so please feel free to ask me.

Currently stuck at HQ here in omaha waiting on the shop to do fairly major repairs.

harleyg Thanks this.
  4. harleyg

harleyg Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Boonville
    Great! finally got a bite, I hope your memorable exp. was a good one, or to say one that did'nt leave too much of a bad taste in your mouth.. How did it go, how was your trainer? how long were you out during training ? Did you get a lot of backing exp. or any at all?? On a scale of 1-10 difficulty, how would you rate it?? I have not been in a truck for a while but confident I could make it happen. Im anxious to hear from you, for the info input.. THANK YOU

5. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    The memorable experience was fun. I was the only person that had any experience in the class of 5 people and ended up teaching parts of it LOL

I had experience before but it had been over a year since i had driven a truck and i did the 140 hours of training. I was out for 6 weeks...3 weeks training, 3 weeks solo and then went home...i couldve gone home the first weekend after being solo though.

I got a lot of backing experience. My trainer could tell that i lost the feel for it and let me do most of the backing.

I also got picked up at the hotel by my trainer the day after orientation ended.

I'd say it was a 3, with 1 being the easiest. It wasnt a big deal.

The indianapolis terminal sucks too. You won't even go to the terminal for orientation, they do it in the same building as the TDI truck driving school. I think theyre hiding the terminal from the new hires!!

6. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN

No, just the terminal doesnt have the space for orientation...and the only thing about the Indy terminal i like is the fact that it has no safety lane, and since it is my home terminal i know all of the mechanics that work
    3-11 heh so needless to say i only take my truck there for service.

7. scurvydog

scurvydog Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    I will be heading there for orientation next week maybe. Gotta go out with a trainer too. Has been over a year since I drove last.

8. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Do ya blame them? The only terminals worse than Indy (in my opinion) are Lakeland Fl, and Allentown PA, with Allentown being the absolute worst. No parking, horrible facilities, and the piss-poorest shop in the company! Gawd, I hate Allentown!

9. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    I just thought the orientation thing was funny. I know theres not much room. I like the no safety lane, yet hate it at the same time...I go there alll the time, and when you go through a safety lane alll the time, they never have anything to redtag you with it seems and you can freely go to terminals without risk.

Good luck. That's the same boat i was in, exactly.

Never been to allentown but Lakeland FL doesnt even deserve to be called a terminal. Channahon DROP YARD is better.

10. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    I live in Indy so i go there quite a bit heh only thing i hate about it, is the dropyard...big slushy mess in the winter, big muddy mess in the other seasons heh

11. phroziac

Jun 16, 2009
    Gary, IN
    sometimes its a dusty mess

I like that guard that has the tattoo on her boobs. I was very dissapointed when it got cold and she stopped wearing cleavage shirts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.