Infinite 4g lte hotspot internet provider?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Travelworld2067, Dec 18, 2018.

1. eek111

eek111 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    It's subject to throttling after 50 GB. Nobody has a truly unlimited plan, unless you're grandfathered in with one of those old flip phones from 10 years ago.

Verizon has everyone beat on coverage. Bad coverage is why I dropped AT&T.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    You are right on both counts probably. I one time hit that 50g threshold and they sent msg re: throttling but it was minor. I was able to hotspot tv and watch Hulu fine. Probably would have noticed if I were a gamer.

At&t gets places in the southwest nobody else gets that I know of but I don't know about west of the Rockies.

eek111 Thanks this.
  4. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Go Verizon and never look back.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Att has Verizon beat all over

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm not using them presently but may in the near future if certain plans pan out. They use the t-Mobile network which is going to be hit and miss for many OTR truckers, especially those who run a lot of rural areas and/or out west. But for some users, they may still be worth considering. Especially those who need to frequently upload a lot of data. Hotspots at truck stops have lousy upload speeds. I'm considering them, but I can operate with only my Verizon phone for the time being [up to 22 gb/month]

If you have an unlimited data plan on your phone and tether/hotspot cap (as I do with Verizon at 22 gb) And when I'm doing a lot of streaming from my home DVR or Youtube or Amazon, I connect my I-phone to my truck's TV via a HDMI cable and control via my phone and watch on the bigger TV (no more hot spotting to my laptop for this entertainment) and it drastically reduces my hotspot data consumption. Several times last year I had to buy the 5gb add-on late in the cycle, at $35 a pop. The throttled speed was miserable and unusable

Research your phone if it has HDMI out option and available connector.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Also, from my storm chasing years, I learned these "bulk resellers" usually stick around for 4-6 years, at least, but if they close up, they are good about stopping billing without any issues. This place you mention ...
    Unlimited Data 4G Mobile WiFi Hotspot Plans - $79 Per Month
    has been around at least a few years and has generally good reviews where you could find any, from what I could gather last year when I was looking at them. They're currently locking in new users at $69.99/month.

But they do prioritize data in some cases but it would not be the norm by any stretch

8. trucking for family

trucking for family Light Load Member

May 11, 2016
    Michigan
    Really? I’ve gotta look at that my T-Mobile is unlimited 3g they did away with unlimited binge on 4g. 3g is terribly slow for videos.

9. UturnGirl

UturnGirl Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Texas
    I pay an extra $25 per month for my really truly unlimited 4g and hotspot. I hotspot my tv and computer and kids computer and on the road watch Hulu and blah blah blah. I love it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.