Info about maverick transportation!!

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by brar, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    No plug in inverters,get caught even having it in your truck and its a termination offense if they choose. Too many fires from those kind. It has to be an inverter that wires direct to battery and a maximum of 1000 watts. There is a one time fee of approx $250 to install. After which they will transfer it to any other trucks assigned you at no cost,however I really doubt you will have to worry about that. I really expect you will recieve a Cascadia as they are taking the 07 out of the fleet pretty quickly now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seawheeler

seawheeler Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I've read a lot of the Maverick posts here and have a couple more questions. Do you need steel toe boots for the securment training? How dose Maverick help you with the TWIC? I did my on line stuff but I would have to drive over 250 miles one way to do the processing. I checked on line and the next appointment they have is in two weeks! Do they feed you during orientation and securment training or are you on your own?

Thanks for all the help guys.

4. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    You will need steel toe boots by the time you finish securement class,regular boots with no skid soles should be fine at training but steel toe is a requirement before getting on a truck due to customer requirements. Maverick will house you and feed you lunch at orientation,as for securement training Im not sure however evening meals are your responsibility. You can live on the cheap by stocking up at the local walmart with microwave meals and such. Maverick will advance you the cost of TWIC (unless its changed recently) and take it out of your check incrementally. You apply in Little Rock at the TWIC office there then route you back thru once it comes in.

larry5853 and seawheeler Thank this.
  5. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    What is TWIC??? And why do you need this. Talk to a Maverick Rep today and he did not say anything about this. Just talked about a passport???

Thank you

6. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Transportation Workers Identification Card,this is a useless expensive id you have to get fingerprinted for,issued by DHS. You need this card to enter ports and other "secure" areas. Im not sure if Maverick "requires" it but they do encourage it strongly.

7. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    I was told by Maverick recruiters that I would have to get one for flat bed. It's about $120 or you can get a $30 discount if you have a Hazmat endorsement (because you are already in the system).

More and more companies are requiring TWIC as it an easy way for them to get additional confirmation that your background is clear. I think in the future we'll see more "secure" locations and not less, so be prepared.

8. socceroo

socceroo Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hi Everyone
    Read on the web site that after six months in the glass division its 40 cpm to start for student, then raise 3cpm after 3 months then an additional 5 cpm after six months. Is this true.
    Tks

9. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    Talked to a glass driver the other day. He is a man of many years experience and has been with Maverick for 4 years. Talked highly of the company and the glass division.

What are the pros and cons of glass over regular flatbed? I live in the hiring area for glass and I'm seriously thinking about it. I know it pays a bit more (.40 to start .03 more at 3 mo and .05 more at 6 mo). Less home time 12 -14 days between home. Also I guess it's the same for both divisions but how dose the fuel bonus work?
    Another pro or con depending on how you look at it is glass has an additional week of training. Personally I'll take all the training they offer. Here's how it was explained to me. All drivers / All divisions start in NLR for five days of orientation (starting on a Sunday). Then reefer and sand drivers go their separate way. Flatbed and Glass drivers start securement training on Friday. After the first week glass drivers are finished and go to Laurinburg, NC for specialized training, flatbed stays for an additional week of securement training in NLR. Specialized glass training is two weeks. Upon completion of you respective training you will be assigned a trainer. The minimum amount of time with your trainer will be 21 days, maximum is unknown.

Also, why are there so few posts under the Maverick "Company DAC Report" thread? Is this activity discourage by the company?

Thanks in advance for the help, Maverick is looking better and better the more I look into it.

10. seawheeler

Jan 14, 2011
    Central, IL
    Well nobody ever answered my questions but I decided to do it anyway. Starting orientation today. I guess my questions will be answered here.

11. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

There are 1500 posts on jims heading to Little Rock. So I don't know why you say there's so few posts. I see you're heading maverick orientation I wish you the best.

seawheeler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.