Info on Boyd

Discussion in 'Boyd' started by Lwood53, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Lwood53

Lwood53 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I'm very interested in joining Boyd, I've already talk to a recruiter but just want to get more info from drivers and others that already work for Boyd. Questions are:
    1. what is the home time like
    2. What are the main running lanes, I live in NC.
    3. How are the miles and pay?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    My bf is a l/o with Boyd but started out company. In our case, he was home pretty much every weekend unless he chose to stay out. We also have one of their constant shippers not too far from our house. Not sure what their main running lines are but he's been pretty much everywhere east of I35 except north of PA but they run up there too. He tends to run more along the western part of their area than along the East coast though. Miles are pretty good and so is the pay. They will run you as hard as you want to run. I have noticed that the drivers tend to be pretty friendly when I've met other Boyd drivers at the Cincinnati terminal.

They just started a 5 star program that if you keep your mpg's high your pay and speed are higher. You will have a camera for at least 6 mths but they don't record unless there is a hard braking instance or something similar. My bf has been there a year and is very happy with them.

Also with some companies, the trainers are l/o's trying to add to their payments but with Boyd that is not the case. All their trainers are company drivers. During training you will get home every weekend unless your trainer doesn't live close to you. In that case you will get home every other weekend and will be at a hotel during his hometime.

Any other questions feel free to ask and if I don't know I'll ask my bf.

4. Coreydc7

Coreydc7 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Do they have pretty good equipment drivers girl?

5. Drivers girl

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    Company trucks are 2012 and newer (retiring older trucks and going to all 2014 and 15's). Do their best to make repairs as soon as there is an issue. If a repair is going to take awhile you are either given a loaner or a chance to change trucks.

6. Coreydc7

Coreydc7 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Thanks. When you go for orientation what kind of drug test do they use and how far does it go back?

7. Drivers girl

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    To my knowledge they do urine but if they think there may be a reason, they will do hair.

Coreydc7 Thanks this.
  8. mikek87

mikek87 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2013
    worst company ever. they never got me home on time and didnt want to pay me for things that they said they did.

9. flatpete77

flatpete77 Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Mikek87, I agree fully

10. kelmonkey79

kelmonkey79 Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2015
    My husband is home every weekend or every other weekend. Some weeks he gets over 2,000 miles but some weeks not so much. He makes $.41 cents a mile and got a $1,000 sign on bonus broken up in to $250 after first load, $250 at 6 months, then $500 at your year aniversary. Just luck of the draw as to what freight is out there as to how many miles you get weekly. Summer time is GREAT if you opt to stay out for racking up miles, winter is slower. He drives a two year old International. He has had a few issues with trucks breaking down at first, but overall you can't complain.

11. travelman

travelman Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Central Alabama
    Does anyone know what Boyd's rider policy is like?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.