Info On J&r Shugal

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by skullitor, Jul 24, 2006.

1. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Thanks for the updates.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hill-a-billy

Hill-a-billy Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    South Carolina
    I believe after all of that I would be a little gun shy too.:biggrin_2556:

4. MikenAmyS

MikenAmyS Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Altoona, Pa.
    I gotta admit, I did great while I was there, but my dispatcher quit and they gave me a bonehead that left me sitting in Chicago for two days waiting on a dropped load that had already been picked up.

So I finally get loaded somewhere else going to Columbus OH.
    Got there on thursday when they said they couldn't take the load till Monday and they wouldn't let me drop it at the terminal.

It went to the terminal with the truck and I got a ride back home.

My dispatcher must have still had his traing wheels on.

This still reflects back on the company who hired him.

As far as the company itself, I'd have to say pretty decent place to work.

5. Dannyboi

Dannyboi Light Load Member

Dec 6, 2007
    clovis,ca
    WOW Cynthia and i was thinking of going over there too. Now i'm not sure at all! Anybody have anything recent, this experience was almost a year ago, i hope its gotten better or what, anybody know?

6. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

i'm wondering the same thing, thinking of going with them myself but would like to hear some recent stuff on them if anyway possible....

7. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

i did away with the idea of going with them...when i started asking questions about certain things like safety,logs, legal logs at that...they seemed to dodge alot of questions i had, so i decided not to go that route

8. md1967

md1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hanska, MN
    I worked for them for some time on both sides of the fence. They are not a bad company but I would admit I did not agree with them on the pay raise when they implemented it. I thought it was done is such a manner as to promote mediocrity rather than rewarding excellence. I wish they would have given my ideas more serious thought because I really believe they have the opportunity to be one of the very best. They do treat you like family and try very very hard to make that so...

9. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    I worked for a guy doing construction that was so good to his employees that we all would of gone to war with the guy. It wasnt about the money it was that he was straight honest and definitly a no BS type of guy. When I got to a point in my life I needed more pay and he couldnt pay it I left and got my CDL with his blessings.I worked hard and was proud to be his employee.We are still in contact.

I will try to make this short, I get miles with JR. Nothing like 4000 a week, but I dont sit.I have been with 5 companies in a year and a half.I dont accept sitting for more than a day,I dont accept low miles,rudeness by staff, bad equipment, and my main thing is my money.Gainey screwed with my pay big time,WH didnt have steady miles but there were decent people to work for,Covenant should be under some kind of federal investigation, and Melton was a class place to work but the economy problems killed their freight.When I see the truckstop get empty around me I start calling recruiters.I expect 2500 to 3500 a week and whenever a situation arises I expect one phone call to correct it.

JR is a small company and so far Im running decent miles. 35cpm may lose some drivers interest but I just want to run and they run me.If your driving record is clean you dont have to sit and wait for miles,this aint back in the day when employers care cause most think that we are just pawns.I drive to support my large family and thats where my loyality lies.I really was in love with Melton,now Im a little nervous cause things got bad really fast there for me.

I have just a year and a half OTR but Ive been in the world for enough time to respect who respects me,I dont expect a company to adjust its policies and procedures for me but I do draw a line with what I expect. I really love trucking but I do have other skills to pay the bills and I dont sit and wait for miles and I dont accept bad dispatching.Times have changed, job loyality for me is to bring home consistent pay.Good luck to all and be safe.

10. md1967

md1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hanska, MN
    I think you will find more good things about schugel than bad... it is pretty straight forward... If you are thinking about leasing I would stay away from it and driver a company truck to get an idea of how you are going to run...

11. md1967

md1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hanska, MN
    keep in mind... there is no perfect company... sometimes you gotta sit sometimes freight slows down. this is a reality of the business. Schugel will treat you with respect and they have a check and balance system to insure that fact...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.