Info On J&r Shugal

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by skullitor, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    So king are you making it or is it rough not running how you want to and how long do you have to stay out to make it b 4 you go home

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Before I go into this post I want to say JR is a good company and a driver can do a whole lot worse out here. I have deceided to leave over the road trucking because the time on the road and profit I made did not justify time away from my family. Speaking only for myself, I did not feel I could work and earn to my potential within the federal guidelines of the 11-70 hour rule. Honestly I would run 5 or 6 hours,chill for 3 hours,run another five or six ,sleep for 6 or 7 hours and be ready to run again. If you can run legal JR is a good place to go, it was hard for me to run legal cause I cant sit still for 10 hours. When you know 9 times of of 10 you have another good run waiting on you after you drop your load, you will tend to run a little off the log book,especially with a lease truck.With JR you may make a little less of CPM as a company driver but the miles make up for it and they are nice people.With the lease the fuel surcharge isnt what everybody else is getting.Good luck out there,I miss it already and I havent even turned my truck in yet.

4. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Forgot to answer you question about hometime. Being from Buffalo,NY I ran thru the house about every 10 days because I was running I-90 a lot. When you talk with the recruiter whatever they tell you is straight talk.

5. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    Well I live on the west she told me I can get a run coming out this way alot to cover my lease

6. kingpawn

kingpawn Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    Money B,heres the real. You should run company for a short to see if you can run consistently within the JR system. I hear drivers sit in Cali,its like you can get a run out there but it takes a while to get out.I got real lucky and got a good driver manager that kept me running.Your DM and fuel consumption will make you or break you.Knowing when and where to fuel is important,learning your shift points is important,knowing the routes are important,weather conditions,wind speed,all this is fuel management and that will determine success or failure.You are about to embark on a business venture not a job and its important your family understand that.Leasing is like running a long distance race in that it requires patience.

I remember sitting at my computer soaking up as much as I could when I first got started. I can tell you not to do it and a million reasons why. Ive learned that a lot of truckers are fast with the negatives and slow with the positives,I guess it makes them feel smart.I believe it can be done successfully.There are lease drivers at JR that are making good on the lease.My deal is that I have a large family,three grown daughters,a couple preteens,and a few little ones plus grandkids,baby mama drama and I just needed to devote more time at home.If you cant put full concentration into this lease dont do it,the devil is in the details and inattention to every little detail will sink you fast.Drive company for a short to see if JR is cool for you,trust me on this,once you get behind the wheel of that 9900ix is will be hard to do anything else.Its like going from driving a hooptie to a Caddy.Its so hard to say goodbye to this truck. I will continue to check this site and if you have any specific questions I will try to help you out. It can be done...

7. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    Thanks I have been talking to Sarah she has been trying to get me in I also thought of going to Marten

8. md1967

md1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hanska, MN
    I worked there. Trust me, go company first. If you live out west plan on being out about 3 weeks before you get back. There are trucks that go out west but they are part of a dedicated fleet which are company trucks... I personaly saw a lot more o/o fail than succeed. Yes you can succeed but you better make your truck your only obligation!

9. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    What dedicated fleet was that and how many miles do they run on that acct what would be a good fleet to get on with J R Thanks

10. md1967

md1967 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Hanska, MN
    7 on 7 off. They run to CA and Back. You must live in MN. They also have other runs similar to FL and I think PA. You will have to ask them if you can even get in. It is sometime difficult as it is desired by many. The average miles is only about 1800 because a round is about 3600 miles (CA) and you are off for 7. The one advantage is you can still run on your off week to make some extra dough. If home time is what you want then this is the best option, especially if you have a side business or schooling or something. I am sure they have different programs since I worked there so you will have to ask the recruiter.

11. Money B

Money B Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2008
    L.A.,Ca
    Thanks md1969 I live on the west coast L. A.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.