Info on Maverick Glass Division ????

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Sincere, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Sincere

Sincere Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Charlotte,North Carolina
    Ok so it's not all glass , how long is the training process for someone fresh out out of school with their CDL like how long before their on there own in their own truck ? Also is driving in or to Canada as bad as people make it seem ? , that won't stop me just wanna know.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dollylama

dollylama Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Marshfield WI
    The training period for a new driver/new OTR driver is a MINUMUM of 21 days in the trainer truck. Can't give info on Canadian border crossings, as I was hired before they required Canadian travel, and don't want to cross the border! All I know is heresay on the crossings, which are sometimes quick & simple, and other times more difficult & time consuming.

4. dollylama

dollylama Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2008
    Marshfield WI
    NoTarps, I think you'd be fine hauling glass! No van trailers with racks 4 you, tho. We'd find you a step deck load or two that require 3 tarps!:biggrin_25523:

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Hey; what was you hauling when you had that box the last time I seen you in Mt Airy? I remember you told me it was a temporary gig, but forgot what it was.

6. haphaze

haphaze Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2011
    davenport. iowa
    Maverick specialized glass division varies with mileage depending what time of the year it is. Otr glass should easily get 2000 miles a week. With you living in ny there is a glass plant in geneva ny. And their glass goes all over country and canada

7. ParkRanger

ParkRanger Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I know you're a trainer, but I was only out with my trainer for 2 weeks but that was about 3 years ago. Today was my last day as I've accepted a position with the state that gets me home every night. Overall I enjoyed my experience with Maverick, but I'm suprised how many new drivers that I talked to that had dedicated drivers for trainers. I wouldn't think that gives you enough experience with other loads, but just my thought.

8. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I see the glass going one way, but are you still paid the same rate on a back haul??

Thank you

9. ParkRanger

ParkRanger Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    If you're a company driver you're paid same empty or loaded.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.