Info on NFI

Discussion in 'National Freight Inc.' started by kurbski, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sheestagirl

sheestagirl Bobtail Member

May 15, 2008
    New York
    Yes you are right .They have a dedicated account with Walmart in NY State and they are telling the drivers who apply that same song and if asked why are you keeping me from bettering myself if I want to go to another company that you might haul for you are told tuff .Is our policy and I don't care if you want to better yourself.
    My opinion is they are into more than 1 account ,so what they are saying is they will stop you from working in the industry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bhuey31

bhuey31 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2009
    cleveland, ohio

I start with NFI this week as an OTR driver. How hard is it to transfer to Dedicated or Regional runs?

4. User Name

User Name Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Midwest
    I'd guess that it's pretty easy, it most likely depends on where you are & where the dedicated account is located. Most drivers just start with the dedicated account if there's one in the area & they need drivers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  5. truckinwva

truckinwva Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    strasburg, va.
    WHAT ABOUT THE TEXAS TERMINAL. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW MANY MILES PER WEEK AND AT WHAT RATE. WHERE DO YOU GO AND LOCATION OF TERMINAL.

THANKS, truckinwva

6. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I see they're starting a new dedicated fleet in Nazareth PA.

Any info on this please?

7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    This will be .40 per mile at 12.00 a stop MA to VA with some NC stores.

8. 1tiredtrucker

1tiredtrucker Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2009
    North Adams Ma
    I Talked with them today 11/16/09 and was told everyone starts at .35 and i have 23 safe yrs holding the big wheel and stick. I worked for them in late 80's early 90's very easy to get along with just got tired of hauling insulation to NYC

9. moon light

moon light Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2009
    georgia
    Does anybody know if they have a terminal located in georgia and were? What speed are there trucks governed at.

10. truckinwva

truckinwva Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2009
    strasburg, va.
    They can't stop you from doing anything you want. You'll have the last laugh.
    Everyone knows all about each other.

truckinwva

11. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I have to say, I quit Crete to go with these guys and what a big mistake that was! The only reason I did it was to get a local job to be home with the family daily and one day on the weekend. It seems to me that everything they tell you at the hotel seminar is a load of BS. Dedicated runs? Yeah right, they overfill all the driver spots and run you on a different store every night. It's like they are pitting driver against driver and see who will take the most #### and not quit.
    900 to 1,000 a week? I have not seen it in the 6 weeks that I have ben there?
    Home one day on the weekend?
    The last 2 weekends I worked and they told me that everyone cannot get off when they want to.
    If you really need a job then go for it but I like to hold on to my license for a while. It seems that they do not care about the driver at all,just into filling seats. BTW- I am talking about their Nazareth,PA terminal.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.