info on Palestine TX dc?? thanks

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by dboy817, Nov 30, 2015.

1. dboy817

dboy817 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Hello everyone, got my second interview and Road test this week at this DC. I was told from recruiter that I'd be on a 5/2 slip seat schedule. I currently have a fuel job payed by load working nights. I run HARD!! Ive worked 6 days 70hrs a week this entire yr except maybe 2/3. I run on average 600-650miles a night. I've made 100k+ this yr. This is my second yr with this company. I'm actually the #1 driver in this company (fuel division) in the country as far as pay!! Couldn't believe it...
    I'm trying to get an idea if it might be possible to make more than the 82k average? Being able to work more than a 5/2? How things might work in that region? Any info is greatly appreciated. As of right now I like my job. It has its good and bad like everywhere. Just trying to have a game plan and explore my options if that time comes.. thanks guys

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    You cna make more than 82 a year. Your miles won't be as high bit close to 440-500. We have activity pay. They do have programs available but you would have to wait for availability of a program to bid on it. Treatment of drivers is next to none. There aren't too many companies out there as large as we are that take care of the drivers. Your hounded, your not bothered. Your the captain of your ship. You can make 100k, it is doable.

Hope this helps.

noninetofive, TomOfTx and Woodenleg Thank this.
  4. dboy817

Aug 7, 2012
    Thanks for info.. I plan on asking a few questions to manager later this week. Just wanted to have an idea. Don't wanna come off arrogant. Just nervous about changing jobs. Especially with this one being the highest paying one I've ever had.

5. TomOfTx

TomOfTx Road Train Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Friendswood, TX
    The 82K amount advertised is on the low side if you ask me. I run a 5/2 5/3 schedule and am making near $100K. When at work, I use up as much of my 14 hours as I can each day. Some weeks I run more miles and less activity pay, other weeks it may be more activity and less miles. Every trip, short or long, makes money. I make the best of every trip.

I agree with Matt about not being hounded or bothered by dispatch. Walmart has many rules for their operation, many of which are safety related. Guess what? I agree with them, so to me, there are no rules that negatively effect me. If I say there is something wrong with the truck....it is fixed. If I say the weather is bad....I park the truck and get paid to wait. Yes, we have rules, and by having a fleet of drivers on the same page is why we are the safest fleet on the road, second to none!

Good luck with your interview process. Please remember there is far more to this job than just the high pay and benefits. The culture here is such that if I was no longer driving for Walmart, I would not drive for anyone. No other carrier can even come close to the environment that exists here! :)

MilkyJay and noninetofive Thank this.
  6. dboy817

Aug 7, 2012
    Thanks man for your input, your right there's a lot more to a job than just the pay. That's the main reason why I'm keeping an open mind. Deep down I'm pretty sure that walmart is the better job long term.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.