info on ptl

Discussion in 'PTL' started by maddawg36432, Dec 29, 2006.

1. freightliner1557

freightliner1557 Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2008
    somewhere in america
    Well,the adventure at ptl is over(lasted only 3 weeks) What a sorry excuse for a trucking company. For orentation u get to stay at the rats nest inn (Super 8 muray ky ) No freight, spend ur days n truck stop parking lot,, then thay have the nerve to tell u do not idle ur trk at night to stay warm or u will b terminated..Well saved them the trouble and told them to take the truck and shove it...3 weks there and got 4,000 miles.Thay hire 60 or more drivers a week and 70 or more quit a week : go figure : trucks r junk I was lucky and got a 1995 model...wow great going there.wish u all the best for the holidays and be safe out there...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. camo

camo Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Florida
    PTL is a good company if your the type that needs a box to live in rather than live under a bridge. You will go broke working here. Your better off staying home and get a job at BK or McD, you'll make more money. Also be careful,check your W2,they put $4,500.00 in box 12 and entered a "L" . The "L" means that they reimursed me $4,500.00 for expences. I don't remember turning in an expence report for this amount and I didn't receive a check for this amount. Being that they can't make money hauling freight because they can't keep brokers.They are getting desperate and are willing to do anything to make a buck.Even if it means falsifying tax records and trying to put a greater tax liability on the driver. I will turn this matter over to the IRS,if they are found to be guilty of fraud.Then I'll contact an attorney and see what damages I can collect on.

4. camo

camo Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Florida
    I spoke to the payroll dept at PTL. They said that the amount of $4,500.00 that was entered on line 12b of my W-2 shows the .10cent PERDIEM pay amount. PTL said that this is NON-taxable income even thou the W-2 is showing a code "L" in box 12b. (This code is entered to show refunded expences). PTL says it's non-taxable, so I shouldn't have any problems later on from the IRS. I'll update you if I do...

5. dammyankee

dammyankee Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2009
    brownsville tx
    PTL? You would rather run thru hell with draws dipped in gasoline than to work for them! :biggrin_2555:Don't take my word for it. Just ask any PTL driver.They go thru drivers like crap thru a goose ! :biggrin_2555: Don't waste your time.:biggrin_25512:They don't deserve good drivers.:biggrin_25510: If you drive for PTL you will look like thiese guys.:biggrin_25516::biggrin_2551::biggrin_2553::biggrin_2555::biggrin_25510:

6. harleynite

harleynite Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2009
    bullhead city arizona
    We drove after orientation in van to el-paso to pk up a truck when we got there ..talk about junk so then we had to drive to laredo..ptl has a yard there..they dont know what they are doing

7. Showtrucker66

Showtrucker66 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2009
    Richmond Va.
    To anybody wanting to work here,DON'T,The miles are crap.The trucks are slower than swifts....1600 miles the week before,1800 this week..I'm only here for a little while,while the Canadians get my ministers permit ...Then im outta here....The GM is a pencil neck ,who has to be on speed...There must be Chimps dispatching and routing the trucks.....JUST DONT DO IT!!:biggrin_25513:

8. muddbugg

muddbugg Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2008
    birmingham, al
    Ok I just got approved for orentation for PTL for next mon. Im a little skidish to go cuz what if i go up there and they decide na we dont want to hire you. then i have to find a way home. can someone tell me something that will put me at ease.

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    :biggrin_25516:You talking about Paschell Truck Lines, Murray, Ky? If you're honest on you app, should be nothing to worry about. BUT, if you have some gremlins that you failed to mention, oooohh driver,beware, have enough $$$ to buy a bus ticket back home.:biggrin_25516:

10. Teddybear1748

Teddybear1748 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2009
    We've been with PTL about 3 months now. ALL of you are right! There is no pay for layover, spotting trailers, or anything else. What good did it do to go all of the way to Brownsville, TX, get shut down for the weekend because of a Mexican Holiday, and on top of that, not get paid. Who's going to keep you warm or cold without the truck - you don't see anybody at the South Lot suffering, do you! Are we even truckers anymore?? We were 15% out of route last week, and got called on it. 30 miles to get to a big road is worth 3 hours of state or county roads...And the Fuel!!! Don't even get me started on that. Are they getting kickbacks from certain fuelstops, or what? I never ran with a company that totally regulated the driver's descretion about how much fuel he/she can get. I went from Murray to Paducah to Brownsville, and had to fuel 4 X, and that was just to get there, because the first 2X, I could only get 100 gal. God, GET OUT!!! Ever wonder why there are always so many new recuits at the North Lot?? The smart ones have figured out how bad they are being used, and quit. I wish I could, but 2 tickets prevent me from being hired by anyone else right now. I will say that since I got a new dispatcher because of "idle time," I am moving, and I will be home in time for Thanksgiving. Stay safe, and sometimes bite your tongue, because I've been out here 21 years, and I've never seen such a slump.

11. GIP

GIP Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Prattville, Alabama
    PTL..............

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.