Info on PTL

Discussion in 'PTL' started by Lwood53, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Lwood53

Lwood53 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I'm very interested in joining PTL,I've already talk to a recruiter but just want to get more info from drivers and others that already work for them. Questions are:
    1. what is the home time like
    2. What are the main running lanes, I live in NC.
    3. How are the miles and pay?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I don't work there, but I can tell you PTL has lots of Texas freight all the way to Laredo. Also a drop yard/office in Houston. Trucks have APU's.

Leftnut Thanks this.
  4. Hard Worker

Hard Worker Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    1. Home time can be out 2 wks, home 2 days. But if you really want to impress them, or the planners who have to power to give you better loads, they recommend you stay out 26 days/ then home 4 days. And there's a schedule for which 4 days they want you home, which 10 outta 12 months, is the 1st weekend of each month when freight is slowest.
    2. I live in GA, they told me they do about 70% of their business out of TX, I've been to Dallas and Laredo a lot + plus around other parts too, but less. And they also told me they do a lot outta GA, but otherwise it's just all over the whole eastern half of the country. And the Northeast is optional w/ an additional $75 every run out there, and NYC is also optional w/ $100 extra to run there.
    3. The miles vary significantly, depends on so many factors I don't even think it's possible to give an estimate like 2200-3000, it's more like 1500-3500. I've been here almost one year. I've tried to follow the 26days out/ 4days home schedule, but my truck breaking down so often has messed that up a few times. I'll probably bring home just under $30,000. But that's from being just about fully dedicated to this job. The pay starts at $0.33 mile

5. jamboogie

jamboogie Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    God's Country,ALABAMA
    I drove for PTL in 2012 . They arent the worse outfit out there by far..pretty much done what they said they would and thats rare in this business..I made good miles with em and they kept me running..I ran everywhere but the NE & NYC which meant I ran Chicago and Texas a lot..depends on what youre looking for in a company if youll like em or not..they treated me decent...

6. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    That's for the good info!! Would it be hard to get home at PTl living in NC, since so freight is in Texas

7. jamboogie

jamboogie Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    God's Country,ALABAMA
    I went home to GA. bout every 12 to 18 days. no problem .. they called it turning your truck blue when you put in for hometime..ptl use to feed you good at orientation too..you would get a ticket for supper for restaurant near motel and they had a meal brought in for lunch..they'll get you home to outfit your truck quick.. I liked em i made my miles and decent money..good luck and let me know how it goes..

8. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Coming in as a student driver, about how long would it take to finish both phases of training. And do they make you sign a contract in cause you quit

9. jamboogie

jamboogie Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    God's Country,ALABAMA
    I dont know about that ..ptl required 6 months or a year when i drove there.. seems like they train for 30,000 miles now..that'll depend on how hard you and your trainer run..be safe and pay attention learn all you can from him..thats what he's there for and making trainer pay..hope it goes well for you..driving especially otr a
    int for everybody..keep me posted..if i can help answer any ?'s let me know..

10. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Cool appreciate they I just talked to them, it's 5000 miles with trainer then team for 40,000 miles. She said home time could be every 2.5 weeks

11. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Do they make sign a contract?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.