Info Ryder lease

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Noldutch, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Noldutch

Noldutch Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2019
    Lethbridge Alberta Canada
    I am thinking to lease from Ryder and like to hear from your guys if anybody do or did this and what the approx payment will be for a new truck.
    Now I am doing a lease with my boss but not very happy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    What are you not happy about with the bosses lease?

4. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Léase =léase . Anywhere you go is the same .
    Invest your time in reading and educate yourself. You will find your answer here .

5. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Ryder or Penske are going to require a deposit. It can be 5k. It varies. I can guarantee you that both of these companies will be more expensive than what your boss is asking. However, these companies have newer trucks. So that may be an advantage.

I got a Penske rental truck a couple months ago for a few days, and their trucks need work. They had oil leaks and air leaks. My truck is much older and in better shape overall. Those trucks may not even pass a level 1 inspection. I wouldn’t want to work on a truck that isn’t mine.

6. Jrb71888

Jrb71888 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2018
    I don't know about penske because they refuse to put any numbers or dollar amounts online it seems, they want to a phone call or physical meeting which always seems shady to me, whats so bad that you don't want it public right? But at Ryder they will at least put what they want from you online and depending on experience and business history your deposit can be from 1500 to 5000 and lease payments are determined by what lease you take full service, preventative, or on demand. Full service will cost more but everything is covered, on demand is cheaper but you will be pay for repairs as you go which will end up costing you more in the long run depending on what you lease. If you lease a brand new truck it could work out but if you lease a previously leased truck especially one leased to a carrier you would be in trouble.

7. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

These are the rates at Penske, but they may vary, depending on where you decide to pick up the equipment. The truck also needs to be returned to the same place you got it from. Otherwise, there will be a fee.

Attached Files:

8. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Ryder doesn't have infinite ttrucks available. You may get a beater for a loaner. Trucks aren't locked in their shop lot so you want to clean the cab out while it's gone. They might tow it to another city to work on. They charge more for over 65. Get a nice used cab and get to know it so you keep ahead of most issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.