Information on how it is now

Discussion in 'TWT' started by militrucker, Nov 23, 2010.

1. 0260

0260 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    Right on! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Raynate2022

Raynate2022 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Spokane, Wa
    Thank you, It looks like I"m going to be starting orientation this coming Monday. Possible going out with a trainer as early as next Thursday. I'm excited and nervous.

4. 0260

0260 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    Keep us posted on how things go!

5. TheGypsy

TheGypsy Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Fort Mohave, AZ
    My husband and I just started with TWT 2 weeks ago team driving and we love it. We got a brand new KenWorth T660 with only 86 miles on it. Who does that??? lol We searched a long time for a good company and I think we hit the jackpot. Good pay good ppl and great drivers. We met up with a trainer out of orentation and he gave us his cell # so we could call him with any questions. We have many times and he has been so helpful. He even calls us to check up on us ever so often. Who does that??? lol Anywho, good luck in ur search and I hope u find what u r looking for.

6. 0260

0260 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    They (System Trans) didn't have any trainers for me when I applied. They told me to get 6 months of experience and apply again. Oh well. Everything happens for a reason. I just want to get my 1 year OTR then go for local. That's my plan.

7. TheGypsy

TheGypsy Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Fort Mohave, AZ
    I have many yrs under my belt and have looked for local jobs everywhere and have had no luck. U really have to know someone or someone has to die, and thats no lie. If u get in with TWT first and run with that for a bit they will let u transfer over to the Systems side. At least thats what they told us.

8. noob12345

noob12345 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Portland, OR
    The Gypsy... Me and a friend are considering team driving with TWT... they told us that we could team drive the west coast... WA, OR, CA, and AZ and start out at .44 to .48 cpm right out of school... I thought this sounded too good to be true... Are they telling us correctly? Can we expect to split that amount? Also, are the miles very good with teams just starting out? Thanks in advance for you help.

9. EagleEye509

EagleEye509 Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Spokane,WA
    TWT teams do some running, and yes you would be splitting the CPM but you get paid for every mile turned. Also, to the other posters...you can switch to the System/Flatbed side. I did.

10. Fatbear83

Fatbear83 Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hey all my buddy and i are considering going with twt just ffound out about them! Sounds lilike a great company from all the posts!! We currently work for us xpress and is not great since the old man died back in January. Do you know iif they let you idle at all if they increased the apu's on the fleet? Do the trucks go at least 65? We are looking forward to getting on with them!!

11. EagleEye509

EagleEye509 Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Spokane,WA
    As far as I know...all the trucks on the green side have APU's, governed at 62, and company wide they don't like idle. Exceptions can be made if you don't have an APU and your in Phoenix while 113 #### degrees at 10:30a.m.! But, lots of loads, lots of miles, good equipment, etc...I just had that itch for flatbed. One month of reefer was all I needed/could handle. Lol. As for the speed though...you'll only be in states where the limit is 65 tops anyway (just one really)...most of the time it'll be 55

Fatbear83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.