Information on how it is now

Discussion in 'TWT' started by militrucker, Nov 23, 2010.

1. EagleEye509

EagleEye509 Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Spokane,WA
    Hired me right out of school...and a few others from my class

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Do you get to choose what side of the company you want to be on? I've heard that if you have no experience they put you on the flatbed side?

4. EagleEye509

Apr 7, 2012
    Spokane,WA
    You can start on the reefer side if you want...but, TWT only runs I-5...mostly California. System the flatbed side runs 48 + Canada. And J J. Williams the tanker side also takes people right out of school

Apd Thanks this.
  5. Apd

Apd Haystack

Jun 22, 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

6. milehighmaniac

milehighmaniac Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Denver, CO
    Hey all, thanks for posting, there is some good information about this company. I am just finishing up school and have been speaking with a recruiter at System Transport who mentioned that they need people for Colorado Regional and a trainer would be more readily available in Denver as well for regional operation. I would think having to be with a trainer for 8 weeks is a lot, but I would certainly be thankful for the training with the mountain driving as well as the load securment. Also, being regional and only a few miles from the terminal I would be home a few nights here and there. I have also considered Watkins and Shepard, but their hometime doesn't look that good, and I would like to get into flatbedding.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with System Transport regional work and how it has treated them in terms of pay, hometime, etc. Also, is their vacation program as good as they advertise, and how are the trainers for Colorado regional? Any other tips and information would be useful as well. Thanks!

7. EagleEye509

Apr 7, 2012
    Spokane,WA
    There's no such thing as a "regional" trainer...the chances are you'll go 48 for your training. The trainers are hit and miss...this is the trucking industry we're talking about. Rednecks, old farts, old A holes, etc...do what you're supposed to do and it'll be fine.

The regional work is the way to go. Home "most" weekends, good pay, normal runs, etc...

Yes the vacation is slick...it's based off the average you earned for the last 6-12 months. Don't expect to get it all at once. Being regional is even better. The OTR guys take a few days here and there to keep their sanity. With regional you'll get those weekend sanity days.

It's a good company. Go for it. Anything else?

8. mborner

mborner Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Hillsboro, OR
    EagleEye - been talking with Roxy. Got my app in and so far she says everything looks good. How are the miles? She mentioned 2700 - 3000 per week. Is that realistic? Working for Stevens right now. I like them a lot, but it's a pain in the butt trying to get home for time off. I figure running the I-5 would help greatly in that regard. Thanks.

9. EagleEye509

Apr 7, 2012
    Spokane,WA
    So you want reefer I-5? Where do you live?

10. mborner

mborner Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    Hillsboro, OR
    In Hillsboro. Stevens is strictly reefer, although they still haul dry loads. I'm comfortable with reefer. Plus, the I-5 would get me by the house more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.