Injector #2 Electrical Fault Inactive D13 Engine

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Ipavia90, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Ipavia90

Ipavia90 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Can anybody help me out with this ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Well,theres a few different things that could be going on? Not a lot of info to go on,but,here goes: Simply a Bad Injector.Loose or broken wire/wires going to injetor.3: sticking injector (put a decent amount of Lucas in the tanks).4: EGR valve STUCK OPEN. Try turning on the key,but dont start it.Wait at least a minute,then shut it off.Repeat several times,this may reset your EGR valve.JMO

Ipavia90 and Johny41 Thank this.
  4. Ipavia90

Ipavia90 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2017
    If the Electrical fault is saying injector number 2 and I do have a bad injector I would change I'm guessing injector 2 ? The code keeps going from inactive to active

5. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Yes sir,disconnect battery cables ,carefully unplug fuel injector wiring connector,pull injector straight out,lubricate new o ring on new injector with oil or vaseline.Push down new injector,plug in 2 wire connector.Rehook battery cables.Start and check for leaks.Youre done.

6. Ipavia90

Ipavia90 Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2017
    When I start the truck in the mornings the truck shakes and also while driving as well

7. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    i would highly suggest after removing injector to remove the fuel that usually stuck in the piston via vacum pump just a small step you missed there.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.