Installing new door on the trailer.

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by alexhemi7, Dec 16, 2018.

1. alexhemi7

alexhemi7 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Can anyone please walk me through on the steps on installing a new barn door on my dry van trailer? The old doors are gone. I have all the hardware I am just looking for tips on how to hang it up on the trailer. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    bootube it. im sure its on there

4. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    It will be tricky for sure without the old doors as I use to use old blank as a template for the new one.

Cut the blanks and fit them to the opening after trimming. Install the hinges on the trailer frame. Start with the left door first and fit to the opening. Fold the hinges in and drill them to blank on the trailers. Then do the same with the lock road and hardware. This will insure one time drilling and that everything lines up when in place. Once the left door is on and fit, then do the right.

Make sure the trailer is on flat level ground and square while you do this. Might have some minor adjustments but this way you can drill them all one time. A helper is very nice. One to drill on the outside and another to drive the carriage bolts from the inside speeds things up.

5. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    And just to add to what Goodysnap said, make sure the bolts aren’t any longer than the originals. Otherwise, they will hit the wall when they open and make it quite difficult to latch the chain,

6. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    This must be the person who had their door ripped off by that driver a while back wondering if it was a chargable?o_O

7. alexhemi7

alexhemi7 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Nah. I bought the trailer with no doors.

8. alexhemi7

alexhemi7 Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Thanks guys I will let u know how it goes when it's done.

Goodysnap Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.