Instant O/O and Load boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PharmPhail, Jan 26, 2009.

1. wheathauler

wheathauler Trucker

Mar 10, 2009
    Hutch, Kansas
    Congrats Pharm... Some of us nonbacking grain guys would of had trouble.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. M.Enterprises

M.Enterprises Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2009

Haha, oh no... no worries at all! It wasn't what you said, it was the fact that it is true.

Pharm, can you believe this? I have to file for my own authority now. I was planning on doing it in a few weeks, but I got a threatening phone call that had a strangely familiar blackmail ring to it. Basically, I have 60 days (negotiated from an initial 1 day) to get my authority and if I don't then my dad's numbers get deactivated.

It is really unreal what my old man is doing to me. He realized today that what I predicted is coming true. He's without any hope from any person, after me. I'm diappearing after I get my own authority. Maby I'll lobby the social security office for him, but no more favors. I can't stand what this has become.

4. MilkMan

MilkMan Bullshipper

Aug 18, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    It really sucks when your old man treats you that way. I had a non-trucking but seemingly similar problem with mine..... once. I didn't/wouldn't speak to him for almost 2 years. Then one day he managed to find me and ask why. I simply told him that since I'd been the "only" person, and I do mean "only" person on the planet willing to help him AT ALL for any reason during the previous time, he should be more careful how he treated and acted toward me. Without getting into any gorry details, let's just say it was a defining moment for him. I think it was the first time in my life he ever apologized, sincerely so, to me for anything. He's been a different person toward me ever since.

I hope it gets better for you sometime in the future, but it sounds as if you are not the one in control of whether it does or doesn't, so I'd say the rest of it's up to him. Good luck.

M.Enterprises and Donk Thank this.
  5. MilkMan

MilkMan Bullshipper

Aug 18, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Rob..... LMAO..... but admit it or not, at some point in this driving life, most all of us have been there, once, maybe.......

PharmPhail and The Challenger Thank this.
  6. cherokee96red

cherokee96red Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hernando Beach FL

Have a Pete (2001):biggrin_2555:, a Volvo (2003):yes2557: and Freightliners:yes2557: and the Freightliners(older ones) have been the best performers and the least trouble mechanically. The Pete, while a pretty truck, has been the money pit since day one. Could be a lemon, but after dealing with it for about 4 yrs, just wanna see it burn (wishful thinking).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  7. WallyGator

WallyGator Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Clearwater,Florida
    what does it say on the side of your boat in your avatar? are you guys going Scalloping this year? Walt

8. cherokee96red

cherokee96red Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hernando Beach FL
    It's called "The Fast & The Fishless". D/H apparently watched the Fast & the Furious a few too many times. Airbrush artist friend did the customizing, only painted boat we've seen so far. Getting remembered for it . The pic is of one side, the girl is different on the other side. We like this side best, she's got my coloring! lol!

Tried the scalloping thing last year out of Homosassa and didn't get any. Prob 'cause we're not really into it. Rather do the salt water fishing. Love that shark!

9. M.Enterprises

M.Enterprises Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to get a 53' reefer van? I want to try leasing one.

10. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    Don't you just love that smell!:biggrin_2552: I seena guy sit on half a cow one time and eat his lunch....:puke:

ampm wayne Thanks this.
  11. Pawnd

Pawnd Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Chasing wind
    Steak tartare sandwich anyone?

OH yes I will eat the whole cow, just gimme another few days.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.