Instant O/O and Load boards

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by PharmPhail, Jan 26, 2009.

1. badcompany

badcompany Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2008
    cullman,alabama
    there is plenty of buy here pay here truck dealers around

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bogey

Bogey Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2010
    columbus,OH & elkhart,IN
    True dat, true dat...hate to throw money away needlessly at the rental co. I'll look into those. Gotta wonder what happens when I got 5 grand in one and it breaks down 2000 miles away...byebye 5 grand comes to mind...and byebye job

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    What do you plan on doing with the truck?

5. Bogey

Bogey Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2010
    columbus,OH & elkhart,IN
    Advise from other threads made me decide to change my username to bogey. I worked for a carhaul dispatcher when I was hauling campers to the GUlf after KATRINA so My plan is to haul for them. I got a prehire letter with a flatbed dispatcher as well so I would actually like to do both. HOW? Eventually, I'd like to have a 3-4 car headrack truck like the 11 car haulers use but to be able to utilize a flatbed trailer behind that it would need a low 5th wheel like those used on the 11 car setups. I have a manufacturer that would design and install one on a flatbed trailer that they sell. First though, I would just get a stepdeck and a tandem sleeper semi so I could haul steel and flat loads & for backhauls pull a couple cars or trucks to get back towards Elkhart, In or chicago (about 90 miles west)

6. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    hmm.. well i would say take out a personal loan, and just leave it in an account just in case something major goes wrong, but i remember you said you didn't have any credit so i dont know how that'll work.. a credit card would help for most things (tires, and short tows) but you'll mostly be falling back on the cheesy warranty of the truck..

select truck of Charlotte, NC had a truck i was looking at for 20 thou and it came with an warranty. it was probably gonna be jus drive train but that's all i'd really need..

i'm a bad mofo when it comes to troubleshooting mechanical probs. so lil stuff like lights flickering or a windshild leaking i can handle on my own..

i dont wanna see you fail, but at the same time i dont want you to get bent over.. i was considering leasing a trailer when i got my truck, i called ryder and xtra and they're pretty much the same price.. and payin 2thou a month for a trailer? heck in five months i could have bought a trailer.. so i said no to it.

i have pretty good credit right now and it'll be even better once i come off this deployment, so that combined with the 25thou small business loan i'ma get i'll use to start my endavor. a little down on a 15thou truck and a lil down on a 10thou trailer and i'll leave the rest alone for maintaince issues.. worse thing that comes to my mind is the truck blowing the engine within a month, but it wont be too hard of a blow cause i'll still have a big chunk in maintaince to have it rebuilt, and then i'll pretty much have one really huge worry out of the way.

7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    greetings, y'all. What's the good, bad, or completely indifferent word?

8. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    lone wolf truck sales,4000 down and you ride:biggrin_25521:

9. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    boy rob hope all is well,nobody has seen or heard from you!!!!!if you read this give me a call!!!!

10. dino6960

dino6960 YOUDAMAN

Jun 25, 2009
    florida
    well, as for my dilema,,seem the company i was suposed to start with has not recieved a notice to preceed!!!!meaning they have not reiceived their moneys from the state???? go figure!!!! so the next best thing a small construction compant down here is looking for 500 operaters to go to haiti,for 6 mths,,,,,,to a yr good bucks ,prevailing wage,20- 35 dollars an hour,,so droped off my resume today and hopefully hear something soon,,,,cause the idiots im working for now ,could screw up a two car funeral with nobody in it,,,and its not how i do things!!! alli can do is hope for the best

11. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    I met Rob in Flint Michigan yesterday. He was loaded and heading for North Carolina.
    I wish he would UP-DATE HIS THREAD.

Fratsit, slabrunner and dino6960 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.