Instant O/O and Loadboards II

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Magicmantx, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    I was thinking the exact same thing Eskimo..........:biggrin_2556:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Hey I LIKE money. If anyone's doing better you're KEEPING IT TO YOURSELF lol... :biggrin_2556:

Show me that missing thread!

4. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    :biggrin_2556: you never advertise that you have money... everybody wants to borrow it

5. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Rob, let's be realistic for a minute ok? If you were making that kind of money consistently then that just further shows how flawed your business plan is. You can't rob Peter(The business) to pay Paul(your household and consumer debt), at least not for long. You have recently learned that lesson, so I won't harp on it.

If you want to survive in this industry, you MUST set aside a healthy amount of maintenance reserves BEFORE you take any money out of the business. This money must not only be earmarked for this purpose, but must be spent on maintenance and such things ONLY. I know this is information you already know Rob. I also know what it's like to have heavy debt loads at home, but if the company fails, you will NEVER be able to service that debt at all. It would be like killing the goose that lays the golden egg. I know it is quite the dilemma Rob, but if you don't fix it now, you are going to be in the same position a year from now.

None of this information is new to you. I know you have heard it before. I just figure that the more you get it thrown in your face publicly, the more likely that it will sink in. It just takes alot of discipline Rob.

BTW; My feelings on a personal level are pretty obvious to you, for reasons you may not realize. But if I had no respect for you as a man, I wouldn't even bother to open my mouth.

For the purple hippo groupies; I have been repeatedly critical of Rob, but have always been civil about it. Keep that in mind when you start your trash talking again.

lilillill Thanks this.
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    here's an idea. let's NOT do the trash talking and say we did.

keep this thread rolling

7. Eskimo6804

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Sounds like an excellent idea to me. Along with that, lets not spew ######## information and expect to not get called out on it.

8. SweetSouthernRide

SweetSouthernRide Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    Northeast Alabama
    :biggrin_2556: i thought he pulled a hopper, not a cow hauler

9. PharmPhail

PharmPhail Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2008
    NC
    Nothing wrong with what you said from a practical viewpoint, but I cannot accrue a debt and just watch the due date go by without paying it if I have it. I just won't.

The stakes are a little lower now because this month ruined my absolutely perfect payment record, so what the heck.

The only thing I do that approximates what you are suggesting is making sure I don't pay any bills unless it will leave me a minimum of $1k afterwards left when I leave out.

Please note I have NEVER asked, in 5 months for financial advice. The system was working pretty well, but i had my ### handed to me this month. It was just too much. I actually did pay over $4k towards my repairs this month, in cash. It was there, but a reasonable amount, not a fortune.

I do need to build up that maintenance fund, but it won't be at the expense of those who lent me money. There will have to be a better way that doesn't compromise me. Any business plan that includes not paying back the creditors should only appear in YOUR home copy of it!

10. Eskimo6804

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Maybe you should have.

11. josh.c

josh.c Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Knoxville, Tn
    Good for you for living up to your obligations Rob. That's sort of what I was talking about in that other thread the other day when I said I paid myself first. This is pretty easy for me to say though, I can park this thing anytime and go back to my old job as a company driver, and come back to it when times are better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.