Intake actuator valves

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by Peterbilt1022, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Peterbilt1022

Peterbilt1022 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2016
    I got a question for y'all. I got an 07 379 with C-15 Cat. I keep having intake valve actuators go out. Done replaced all but one. Every time I change oil, one goes out. I'm lost...and broke now. It's throwing code 92, which is that part. When it goes, I lose half my turbo power. What is the problem here, anybody ever had this before? Help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Are the actuators actually failing every time? As in tested with a ohm meter? Internal harnesses can rub out, as can the external engine harness. Also the IVA heads can crack or wear out internally. Code 92 can be 1&2 voltage code which is actuator or wiring. 92 can also be non responding code which would be adjustment or an entire IVA head. If you can get it on a laptop and see what the codes actually are that might help narrow it down.

SAR and spsauerland Thank this.
  4. Goodysnap

Goodysnap Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2017
    Over time the internal engine harness pins get loose and the plastic gets brittle to the point of loose connections at the Under valve cover harness's to the IVA solenoids. Engine vibrations can make these issues come and go at times. The engine enters a fueling derate when the fault is active to protect the engine. Cat has repair ends for these connectors that can be spliced on for temporary fix. The permanent fix is to remove the valve cover base and replace both of the harness's with new along with a six pack of solenoids and inspect the housings for cracking. This is most likely what you are battling. Fix one at a time and the others follow right behind it.

SAR Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.