Interested in a freightliner

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ruddybee, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Ruddybee

Ruddybee Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2020
    Hello everyone I am new to the my name is RUDY I’m interested in a freightliner cascadia truck can anyone tell me what to look for in a truck other then tires it will really be appreciated any and all advice is good thank you in advance..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Go down to the Owner Operator section or to the Freightliner section .

4. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Yes, look to make sure it has an engine and transmission.

5. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    If you have access to a laptop with the hookups (Nexiq II, DPA5) to plug into the diagnostic port. Then get a copy of DDEC Reports, it’s free.
    You can download a report from the ECM.
    It will show how fast the truck has gone since new, how many hours average at what speeds in what gears, idle time, PTO time (fast idle), DEF consumed, average mpg of DEF, % DEF to fuel used (should be around 3% depending on year of truck), fuel consumed, average fuel mpg.
    The most useful info is the number of regens the truck has performed both driven and parked. I had a truck, in three years it only showed 8 parked regens and all of those were from idling over night below -30, otherwise it never idled. My current truck has about 40 in four years, more colder nights plus it did have an exhaust leak. But if you see a truck has had 200+ regens, then you know either it idled a lot or it’s had emissions issues and you’ll need to walk away from it.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.