Interior Detailing

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Littleguy101, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Adieu

Adieu Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    In this day and age with its current socio-political climate, you might want to reconsider hiring 13-14yo females to do ANYTHING whatsoever.

Safer.

PS for detailing/cleaning of all stripes (except glass, will streak a bit), as well as personal hygiene, hand wiping, ### wiping, eye wiping, pit wiping etc etc.... old for-hire driver 99 cent store trick, buy them by the carton load:
    51PeJ2TRaML._SY450_.jpg

PPS will eventually sliiiiightly discolor some plastics and vinyls... but only after literally hundreds and hundreds of applications.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Not worried about it, her older cousin did the job for years and years as a teen until I promoted her at age 21. She been with me for over a year, and everyone loves her. It would be a full mutiny against me if I fired her. I never would anyway, and I would hire another 13 year old tomorrow if they were a good worker. Her parents both signed off on her working here, and were so happy that i hired her.
    Small town BC is probably a lot different than most big cities. She never complains, works hard, is always 15 minutes early for work, and quick with a smile.

just_sayin, FlaSwampRat and AModelCat Thank this.
  4. Adieu

Adieu Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Canadians...

Here in USA you'd probably have a lynch mob fitting you up for an orange jumpsuit

REGARDLESS of how it actually went

just_sayin and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its good for kids to learn the value of hard work. I applaud all the young teens who are willing to earn their spending money.

Growing up if I wanted some spending money I was expected to be holding a pressure washer wand at 8:30am every Saturday. Once that was all done (and by done I mean every square inch of that truck/trailer was clean enough to eat off of), I was expected to grease the whole thing. Most cases I was busy until at least noon Saturday.

6. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Same here...nothing was ever handed to me, i had to earn it.
    Around here a lot of people 13, 14, 15, have a job.
    She loves her job, and is loved by her coworkers. Having a job and earning money makes young people feel good, learn responsibility, and allows them to have things that they want. She is also saving towards buying a car when she turns 16. Bought her parents a new snowblower last Christmas to replace their tired old one, and got her little sister a season pass to the ski hill so she could snowboard as much as she wanted to with her best friend, who lives on the mountain and snowboards a lot. She was extremely proud of buying them such excellent gifts. She bought me a book, and box of chocolates, hugged me and thanked me for hiring her. So I honestly don't understand why people wouldn't hire a youth. She made $15/hr to start, after 3 months probation i gave her a raise to $18, at one year a raise to $20. Good money for a teenager also in my opinion, not the paltry amount she would be making at say a fast food place.
    I find it odd when a teenager doesn't have a job actually.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    just_sayin, FlaSwampRat and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    We have a lot of paranoid people.
    One of the biggest things is folks think they can not disapline their kids or they will be whisked away to life in prison, which is totally fake.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  8. Northeasterner

Northeasterner Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Why don't youth work? As a millenial, lemme try and answer that:

for some it's academic: why get a crappy part-time job for 8 bucks an hour when you can take AP physics and calculus and biology etc. etc. and save literally TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars in earned college credits + half a year or more of your life? some kids went into freshman year w/ 36 credits, colleges HATE to hafta transfer them in cuz they lose tuition $$$ but for the smart and ambitious, the math works in favor of studying rather than working.

for some it's regulatory: can't operate a slicer, can't do this, can't do that, driving is restricted, liability ins. etc. etc. also pay can be disparate. you might do as good a job as the 20 y/o shlub who dropped outta high school, but cuz you're still under 18 they pay you a lot less. legal or not, that happens.

for some it's class: if your parents make a combined 120k a year, why work? 15 years ago there was an article in some magazine about connecticut rich kids getting 80 dollars a week allowances. imagine what it is now???

for me I worked part-time in the second half of high school, my parents gave me plenty of money but I guess I felt obligated as a matter of tradition/rite-of-passage... besides I played video games when not in school so it's not like I had anything else to do... and honestly I got fired from my first job, but then a year later I got work flipping burgers when I was 17 and I was actually okay at it...

...then in college I experienced being a "student worker" in the college kitchens earning 8.25$/hr doing the exact same work as full-timers but they were started at 11$/hr and rapidly scaled up to 13$. They got insurance and overtime whereas we could work max 40 hours a week doing the EXACT SAME work, and be denied insurance etc. because we were "students". all this from a "progressive" university that supposedly believed in "fair pay" for workers *rolls eyes*. the full-timers talked down on us, and the college knew they were using us as cheap labor...

On an aside: they REALLY need to classify "college student athletes" as employees and force universities to pay them for the millions in advertising revenue etc. they bring in. screw the college-industrial complex! /end rant

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    And then there is the real reason, cuz they don't want to, they don't have to, don't know how, to start with usually too.lol
    When I was a kid, my folks gave me everything I had to have, but if I wanted levis instead of home sewn pants I bought them, if I wanted to wear western bots, instead of 2 dollar tennis, I bought them, etc,etc. Starting at anoot age 7, I wore levis and just didn't do the tennis shoe thing.. Mom made some of the finest western shirts, wore them way past adult hood, but I liked my levis back then. lol

Northeasterner and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.