Intermodal: advantages / disadvantages?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by Don Key Hotey, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Don Key Hotey

Don Key Hotey Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Good to know, wis bang. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I did it for a little while in Memphis. My experience wasn't the best doing it. I worked for a smaller company and they hauled cans through a brokerage, Nolan I want to say. It was daunting having to find a chassis at times, and even .ore daunting to find a chassis that didn't need repair. The company I worked for only was contracted to haul one type of commodity and we got paid by the load. It was difficult to get more than one load off at times. It didn't turn out to be a money maker for me, but to be fair I was probably working for the wrong company. The owner tried was running OTR loads, and changed to intermodal. I don't really think he knew what he was doing. It'll behoove you to work for a company that is very versed in intermodal trucking otherwise it will be a cluster.

Badmon and Don Key Hotey Thank this.
  4. Don Key Hotey

Don Key Hotey Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Thanks for this info. Your viewpoint along with those shared by others has led me to consider aspects of intermodal that I wouldn't have otherwise known about. The long and short of it appears to be that I will definitely need considerable driving experience before considering working in this field.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.