Intermodal Flex $1k/week Guarantee

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by FreightlinerGuy, Mar 31, 2018.

1. FreightlinerGuy

FreightlinerGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Great Lakes, USA
    Hey all,

I’m looking into a semi-local flex driving position. With J.B. Hunt in the intermodal division.

I was told by the recruiter and in the job description there is a $1,000 a week minimum pay guarantee for 5 days on.. and it didn’t say anything about it only being for 6 weeks or whatever, it’s for the entire time of the job as far as I know.

Any gimmicks? Any weird rules with it?

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Its was a good deal. I found JBHI to be a good company as long as nothing unuasual happened. I probably would have stayed a little longer if a new FM started to make it go down hill. I was earning take home of $1,000 a week on average but there was no gaurantee it just was a good productive job then new fleet manager and everything started going down hill. There were obviously other drivers with problems because they started giving us raises and perks but the paychecks kept going down and the problems kept increasing. Its odd because i still get phone calls from recruiting telling me i need to come back and ive gotten emails from the terminal manager telling me all is better now you need to come back. Come to think of it they were offering me an $8,000 sign on bonus to come back again but no minimum weekly gaurantee. I even was supposed to get a phone call from my old terminal manager about it but never heard from him. They can get the drivers in they just cant keep them. They were very inflexible. If you were stuck on a live load or unload for 12 hours they keeply fell apart and either didnt know what to do or .... !?!?! Didnt want to be bothered with it. I remember being stuck in the middle at shippers. Hunt switches u 2 a different load because you are there 2 long and shipper says no you have your load now get out of here and hunt says no we told u your now on a different load go tell them to give you the load we told you to pick up , after you have been there for 15 hours ...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  4. BrandonA24

BrandonA24 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2017
    California
    Recruiter blowing smoke as always.

5. roscold90

roscold90 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2017
    The money is there but you will most definitely work for it

6. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Jb Hunt has increased its hiring pressures , they are having more turnover issues.

7. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I would have switched to Intermodal last year but I would have to work nights AND weekends as the new guy. NO freakin' way. I'll do nights, maybe weekends if I had to but not both. I don't have much of a life now, not sliding back further.

8. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    What’s the mileage rate now out of chi? Anyone know ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.