Intermodal - How's everyone doing?

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by JJKid, Jul 20, 2016.

1. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Well, the margins on Intermodal are getting to the point of being non-existent....that affects everyone....O/O or Company drivers (the company has the same expenses, they can amortize over a fleet to a point, but just, to a point.

The meeting is more than likely because of last week (remember the crosstown messages) they needed all hands on deck and I don't think many O/O responded. Lately I've been seeing a lot of O/O running like company drivers (one run and out)....It used to be the O/O would outwork the co/drivers by quite a bit.....

Honestly, I see problems on both hands sides of the equation.....MY BIGGEST CONCERN AT OUR COMPANY is the relationship between ELOGS , dispatch and productivity.......I've been seeing this coming since I started......I don't see dispatch catching on..........

If home every night is done, then the weekly settlement better reflect it, otherwise, What's the point of doing Intermodal work????

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    They pay company drivers on a 10-99 also. Surprised they even have anyone working for them

4. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I doubt it, company drivers have benefits.

5. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    By the way, the drivers they have treat the equipment like ####.....I can't see them making money on drivers given a good truck and a year later the truck is falling apart.....

6. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    The Cascadia sleepers are falling apart and the Schneider daycAbs have been decimated

7. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Hey take a look at the schneider daycabs again, lol i think they are taking them in the shop one by one and revamping it to how it was. Heard a dude #####ing outside to some other driver "their charging me for hitting the truck and now its in the shop getting a whole new fix".... uh??? What.... do you expect to get a slap on the hand? Settle down fool... they took you as a new driver to be home everyday, quit your whining.

ChicagoJohn and RERM Thank this.
  8. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    I'm not sure tbh, but god they have alot of benefits. They even get paid an extra $75 weekend bonus to work on the weekends for each day. Needless to say, company drivers are making some good money here, legally.

RERM Thanks this.
  9. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I'm fairly certain you can't get benefits and be 1099....

10. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

Il believe it when I see the paintwork done, LOL!!!!!

11. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    Hey they are in the process of hiring 2 more dispatchers, New night dispatch and anthony will switch to day time dispatch under 53ft dispatch umbrella (jr told me, he'll be assisting him and have a minion under him LOL ) and another one under the 20/40 dispatch. Also i think theyre going to start implementing elogs on drivers as soon as june-august to start with. They said they'll be getting 5 at a time and work their way up. Not sure what quallcom device tho?

Anyways just like every other company, its gonna be a bittersweet upcoming months for everyone!!!!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.