Intermodal Mobile Fleet 3 weeks out 5 Days home

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Smitty89, May 6, 2017.

1. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    just started this at Schneider about two months as usual DBLs ######## around certain answers to questions basically we are considered OTR drivers that they send to different areas to work: Chicago, Atlanta, LA anyone else do this ? Or can give me a insight on do you get raises on your cpm as a regional driver within the first six months and the first year ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    I don't know about that particular mobile fleet, but if i recall correctly I got a raise after three months and again after 6 months as a regular intermodal driver. If your DBL won't give you a straight answer, try calling the recruiter.

As for the work, ask questions when you get to a new place...every rail yard is different in the way they operate.

4. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    O ok cool I appreciate that and I was just thinking about that honestly giving my recruiter a call . Are you still with schneider in the intermodal division ? Also if you don't mind me asking what's the best way to make more money in intermodal ?

5. milehunter43

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    I left there last year. The pay is alright, but you pretty much run out your clock every day. Being nice to the office people goes a long way. We went to pretty much the same customers, so I was able to get used to how each one operates, how to get there, etc. We dealt with a lot of mom and pop customers in weird locations with tight docks. If you're not sure how to get there, call the customer and ask and also look at it on Google satellite view. Especially with you being in a mobile fleet and maybe not familiar with the area. Do not rely solely on the Qualcomm GPS, it will get you in trouble eventually.

6. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    Yea where are you now and what area ? And yea I have mostly hit the same spots every week so it's becoming easier and yea I learned that after my first week to use the map and google maps and take he faster route which cuts off 2 hours a trip mostly have been doing General Mills, Walmart, and Nestle etc

7. milehunter43

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    I was based out of the Marion, Ohio terminal. If they ever send you here and it's a customer you're not sure about, don't be afraid to ask the other drivers. There are several customers near Pittsburgh that were...interesting to get to lol

I eventually got tired of the micromanaging, silly rules, constant 14 hour days etc

8. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    Yea that's where me and another guy was based out of but we work in Chicago and that sucks so you was under mike Doss ?

9. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    So how does this mobile Fleet thing work? Do you fly around to different parts of the country and drive whatever truck is available? I like to jump back and forth between Intermodal and tanker and it's about time for me to go back to Intermodal.

As for maxing your income, you basically need to hit all of your bonuses every quarter and that means driving under 60 miles an hour and you have to drive 10 hours and 30 minutes everyday. I made like $75k last year in Intermodal in Atlanta. I think I got two raises in that year but I was nowhere near maxed out. I was getting $0.59 a mile with the bonuses. The hardest bonus to get is the fuel mileage bonus. Because the standard keeps going up and the fuel mileage gets harder to maintain as the truck gets more wear and tear. The other bonuses are pretty easy just don't hit anything and be on time most of the time.

10. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    Yes sir basically it's three regions or areas like you go to LA, Chicago , Atlanta you work between at 250-500 mile radius of Chicago and you pretty much go to the same places every week you can work 5-6 days depending on you ... but so you have done intermodal in Atlanta ? I plan on switching there next march after my year up and I get my bonus but u work 3 weeks then a week off well 6 days including the morning they send you home and you come back on the 7 day back ... it's easy money basically regional intermodal and if we have 7-8 hours left over we do some local runs to get extra cash

11. Smitty89

Smitty89 Bobtail Member

May 6, 2017
    What I normally do is go to one of the other locations that have all the amenities and washer and dryer and cafeteria stay there for my 34 hour reset n then the next Saturday I just get a room and kinda explore the city a bit but that's good money locally right ? 72k and yea you get a truck while you out it's usually the same truck u get when u come back but sometimes it's different but they have you leave things u don't want to take in a room locked upstairs until you get back

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.