International Prostar Eaton Fuller Problem

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by D&L, Jul 1, 2016.

1. D&L

D&L Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2016

Anybody else have this problem and found a solution?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
  4. D&L

D&L Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2016
    Electronic clutch actuator needs replaced. Which is almost always the case with "gen trans fault" and "F N" codes. Can't believe nobody picked up on that.

5. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Just love people who give bad advice! While the ECA is a high fail item, simply replacing one only because you see "gen trans fault" in the dash is just plain stupid. When the transmission detects a problem, it doesn't have a warning light like the engine does. "Gen trans fault" is the transmissions warning light. "Gen trans fault" certainly isn't the decisive indicator to replace a $1000+ actuator!

2013Maxx, AModelCat and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  6. D&L

D&L Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2016
    My fault for not being more elaborate. The only time the truck failed to get into gear was when it was stationary, all the other times everything worked as normal. Also when the actuator is left overnight the next day everything shifted as normal. Only times that problem came up was after a day of work with the truck parked and the engine turned off. Turning it back on showed those fault codes with the yellow triangle and the constant "Neutral - Fault". With those symptoms ECA I thought was the first thing to look for, which in our case was the part that ended up getting replaced, with everything now back to normal. I should have explained all of this when I posted the video, again my bad.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  7. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I had that problem for a while with my truck. With my truck I would turn the key, I would have to wait through the system alarms beeping 10 times before touching anything or turning the key to start. If I got in a hurry it would go into F/N mode and I would have to get out and disconnect the battery cable to reset the computer. Turns out it was a known issue with the trans and international dealer did an update to computer system and it works better now.

8. Mad_Season

Mad_Season Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Hi Sir i'm having similar issue on my truck .
    do your truck have the clutch pedal ? or just have brake and gas pedal?
    i don't know if mine have electric clutch actuator ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.