International Prostar

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ford L8000, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Azoresexpressllc

Azoresexpressllc Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2013
    One positive reply, tks
    anyone else wanna share experiences, good ones too?
    We are always inclined to speak about what's not good and forget to compliment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    I have an International but it's not a Prostar. Where can I get cup holders?

4. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    My bf is currently at the international dealership with his ProStar Plus. Some of his issues right now though are thanks to TA doing work on it (including one putting the wrong antifreeze in it that he caught luckily). He seems to be having the same issues as some of you. Now he's loosing a 1600 mile run. I just hope they get it all fixed soon but they said because he's having several issues it may not be til tommorrow :-(

5. Azoresexpressllc

Dec 29, 2013
    So as I posted earlier, have intentions of taking advantage of a great deal/offer from a known dealer of taking on a lease on a brand new late model 2013 prostar he has on the lot(20 units)
    i actually took the initiative today of approaching a company driver of one for 2 years now, he states that , indeed he had multiple issues with the EGR valve, IPU heater/AC unit , got repaired and other minor issues.
    Overall, he speaks positively about it, even not being his most favorite truck.
    my intentions of taking on this truck is getting closer, but I do appreciate any input.
    I have noticed that no one speaks bad about new models 2012 and 2013., is it because they are too new to have problems?....potentially .
    i have not heard anything negative about the transmission , any comments?
    I really thank opinions of actual users of this truck.

6. koncrete cowboy

koncrete cowboy Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I love my prostar....cummings powered.....8.5 mpg. Average...cant think of one thing I dont like about it...but I refuse to look at any other trucks interior but mine...just in case...lol

Azoresexpressllc Thanks this.
  7. Azoresexpressllc

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm looking at a 2013 with a MAXXFORCE........ what's your input?
    What year is yours? 2014? I believe they only started with 2014 this year, Correct?
    I have not yeard anything about the trasmissions, good or bad, does it mean that they are pretty good?
    I'm kid-a forced to take on this deal of the late models on hand, since it s already equipped with the IPU unit, 10 spd, white, 2 bed and ready to go, I guess, I'm not a driver, therefore any info is appreciated
    Happy Holidays!!!!!!

8. Drivers girl

Drivers girl Medium Load Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Ky
    The ProStar I mentioned in #23 is a 2012

9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    If you are next to a good dealership -- I'd go for it assuming the specs are right for your needs. If your local dealership has almost all negative reviews, I'd look at other brands instead.

Really that goes for any truck, but particularly those with manufacturer-specific engines (Navistar maxxforce, Paccar MX, Mack, Volvo)

koncrete cowboy Thanks this.
  10. biggare1980

biggare1980 Medium Load Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Springfield, Ohio
    Like was mentioned, run dont walk away from the deal. The choke force motor is a joke, just drive down the road and watch the trucks with them under the hood. The smoke they put out of the exhaust makes the batmobile jealous. Passed one today and even with him being two miles behind me, it was still noticeable. Well I stopped for my break and after getting back on the road guess who was sitting on the side of the road with their four ways on? They sold a boat load of them due to the no DEF but most of the fleets that bought them up are going back to other manufacturers. If you ask me it sounds like the dealer knows you dont know much about them and is trying to pawn them off on you.

11. koncrete cowboy

koncrete cowboy Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Im afaid I cant help you on the Maxxforce..as I am not familiar with it....but I would not have bought my prostar if it had the maxx in it just because I like cummins better...and for no other reason..fyi...mine is a 2011 and had 280k on it when I rolled it out...happy new year

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.