International Prostar

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ford L8000, Dec 28, 2013.

1. zincman

zincman Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2008
    Eureka, SC
    I have an International Prostar Premium, but it's a day cab. It has a Cummins ISX 450 hp and is set for 71 mph. The engine pulls very well and has over 360,000 miles on it. The ride is comfortable for me even with loads of 45-50,000 pounds on it. The maneuverability is VERY tight and I can do circles around a Freightshaker day cab any day of the week.

The cab, though, is small and I wish I had more leg room. I'm 6'5" and there are times I need to get out from being just a little too cramped after awhile. The dash gets dirty very easily and it can be difficult to clean up.

A concern I see with the sleeper cabs is the position of the window just above the driver's head while he may be sleeping. I do NOT like that. Any guesses why?

Just some preliminary thoughts...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Over the last two and-a-half years I have been operating Prostars for oilfield/heavy haul doing about 9,000 miles per month. In total I think I've had about eight, with up to four at a time. All are 56" hi-rise sleeper with a mix of Cummins 500 and Maxxforce 475, all 18-speed, 46,000 rears @ 4.10 or 3.90. All of them are on full-service lease and I would never buy one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.