International students/temp foreign workers

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by ktomlinson, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    You hit the nail on the head. They definitely do connect with other shady trucking company owners that may or may not pay for their license. Most likely they get money from back home and get their class 1. In return they can get $15 an hour cash and work 70 hours a week with no paper trail for the government to follow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GS93

GS93 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2019
    Where did you get this dumb idea from?
    Maybe there are few working on cash.
    But temples don't do this shady business.

4. Canadianhauler21

May 15, 2017
    I never said they did, I've met people at gurdwaras that have offered me shady work. Just take a look at the truck driver who got busted smuggling cocaine through Windsor. He said he met a person at a Sikh temple that offered him the work.

Have you ever seen those job ads posted outside of the temples?

All I said was there is ways for people to connect to other trucking company owners through the gurdwara. I got my last job through somebody I met at the gurdwara. The temple themselves don't pay the students, the companies themselves do. I used to know some students who came from india working 3rd party for Canada cartage under cash payments. That was a couple years ago.

If you read correctly the gurdwara is a way to find work weather it be trucking, construction or any other industry. Management themselves have nothing to do with it.

Take a look at this article: Indo-Canadian truck drivers caught in drug trade

"He had been driving a truck for a few years and had a clean record when he was approached by a man he knew at a Sikh temple in Mississauga"

Doesn't specify if he was a Gyani or anything but "at a Sikh temple" almost implies it.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    That can be said of any race. Greed and dishonesty don't have a cultural boundary.

6. Canadianhauler21

May 15, 2017
    It doesn't, there are bad people from every background. From the European companies, Asian companies or Caucasian companies. This guy is making it seem like we don't do bad things when I've noticed horrendous things about them.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

You can understand it another way, the Chinese used to come to San Francisco Chinatown district (After the standing ban was lifted) and they would be assigned work and quarters somewhere in the USA usually at a eating place with Chinese fare. Unless they brought skills with them like dentistry etc.

Immigrants from the World coming to the United States have a chance with those who are organized before them. If I arrived in Baltimore I would seek out Germans and assimilate for example. We have Indian restaurants there too. In fact we have the worlds food all over that city. Ive eaten at some and found it to be different but good.

The United States Government decides how many of whom they shall allow from the Nations of the world annually. It varies. For instance if I remember right, we only took in 20 Syrians who probably passed the various barriers designed to detect those who would be a draw on our Government as unable to work and provide for themselves for example. Even here in Arkansas I recognize a few new nationalities each month at the store. Slowly and surely. Hopefully they will adopt the old South and do well and I think they will.

8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I just came back from a holiday over there and I was just amazed at how many motorists in general drove at what I'd describe in an unsafe manner this was both cars and 18 wheelers what is really amazing is despite this factor there is not alot more road incidents most of those foreign recruitment programs are quite thorough so not sure why they had drivers on the road that have no knowledge of whats known as defensive driving techniques when driving a semi it is always a good habit to get into to keep a look out on whats happening way ahead and not just on the vehicle in front this helps a driver slow down in advance and avoid getting involved in some of these free way pile ups tail gating and following to close instead of keeping a 4 - 5 second gap on the vehicle in front can also do wonders to keeping these kind of incidents to a minimum.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.