Internet Truckstop Problems

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Slay, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Slay

Slay Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Is anyone else having any problems with the web site not refreshing itself? The feature worked fine until they wanted to start to charge a fee for the more frequent self-refreshings.

This week work was slow so I resorted to the load board. I manually refreshed the ITS. Three or four minutes later I refreshed it again and a new load appeared. The problem was it showed the load was 29 minutes old and when I clicked on it the "This load is no longer available ........." page came up. I refreshed again and it was gone.

I called ITS and inquired if the were having problems again and the customer service rep said they were. I asked if I was going to get a refund since the ITS was not working properly and she just laughed.

It must be nice to be so big that you do not have to worry about your own customer service.

strollinruss Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There should be a setting in your browser to refresh your website display when the site also refreshes with new information.

If you are being forced to pay a fee for up to minute information, I hope you are a billion dollar trucking company that can take advantage of information really fast.

Hurst Thanks this.
  4. strollinruss

strollinruss Road Train Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Montgomery, TX
    I hear you. The small guy just doesn't seem to matter to anyone....
    the only time I need it to refresh fast I'm usually sitting empty so it might be uselful. How much is the upgrade? Anyone know?

5. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Not sure how much the upgrade costs. It refreshes 30 seconds before the other subscriptions.
    I have had the same problem since they changed their subscriptions.
    I got the same reaction. WHy customers who helped grow the company have to pay a premium for the same service that was the original norm.
    Everyone who subscribed received the same listing at the same time.
    Person on phone justed laughed and tried to explain the difference.
    I just said must be nice being "to big" to serve all customers as number one.
    Cost is $35-$125_$149 I think the highest rate gives you the real time posting.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    $150 a month???????????????????????
    I guess this is the premiere load board.

Lepton1 and Pnwtrucker Thank this.
  7. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I have the same problem. open with internet explorer and then sign in works that way:p Flying J & Pilot are really upgrading the internet. Far and few nights that i can't watch Netflix on em anymore

Pnwtrucker Thanks this.
  8. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    ITS is the problem. They go down several times a week too. I axed my subscription and solved the problem. And if you depend on a load board for your bread and butter why are you cheaping out on the lowest cost subcription they have? Get ITS Pro or DAT Power with auto refresh and numerous other useful features.

For crying out loud you probably spend a $100 a month on cable subscription for 200 channels yet you can't find anything to watch but spending $150 a month on a top of the line load board subscription for something that brings in $100,000+ annually is too much? I don't understand the logic.

9. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I subscribe ITS for the $35 a month. Why pay the extra for features I won't use I can't compare this service to any other. I did use Edge and the OOIDA board many years ago. I'm sure they have all changed. I use a few company boards that I find useful and of course the gobs of, it seems, useless emails.
    I have a couple friends that look at my load board and theirs, they say the loads are pretty much the same postings. Either way I stay busy.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Is DAT the same price as ITS?

11. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I got a good question, has anyone signed up for that payment plan they have on ITS?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.