Interstate 11 Vegas to Phoenix and the SW in general....

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Phenomenal, Feb 15, 2018.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    When we still went across the dam we would get on the cb radio and let the drivers coming from the other direction know that we were coming into the Nevada side hairpin. The other trucks would hold up til you got through. Of course some drivers didn't have a radio or didn't know or care and it could get real interesting when 2 trucks met each other on that curve.

x1Heavy, lovesthedrive and Sharky88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    My first trip across was a bit of a adventure right at that mid point. It's not welcome. And the rocks on the arizona side just prior to the actual dam going north... that required some seriously large input into the steering to get it done. Ive been glad we have had a few runs across when we did. But there is that new high bridge in place (Something like 1600 feet, #### is about 780 or so) which means connections will be maintained should the dam thing fail He he he.

4. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Northeast is real nice too.

There are only 3 places i don’t like and oddly enough, 2 of them are places ppl think are nice, Wyoming, Florida, and Hawaii. You can guess which ones ppl think are nice.

Wyoming has only 3 trees in the state. Boring state to drive in.

Florida has terrible scenery (except at the beaches) flat land and tall trees, cant see very far. Lots of nasty insects down there.

Mosquitos the size of butterflies, lovebugs nasty!

Florida is just a swamp with a really good marketing plan to convince ppl otherwise.

Hawaii, everything is expensive and not many places to go. Beaches are nice, especially waikiki beach at night with all the lit up hotels but definitely not worth the 5 hour flight from LAX.

As a trucker you get to see stuff most ppl don’t. I like arriving a day early, anywhere, just before x-mas, walking through some strange town just after dark, looking at everybody’s x-mas decorations.

Somebody else walking through residential neighborhood will wave to you, just assuming you’re a neighbor, not knowing you’re a stranger who really lives 2,000 miles away.

For me, I love to watch the news or weather channel as they talk about some town or city. I like being able to have been in that town and being able to visualize it and maybe remember someone from that town.

The day before the shooting in parkland, fl, i made a delivery nearby, in pompano beach.

I used to deliver school furniture fron N.C. To schools and cant help but wish i had a delivery at that school during the shooting. I wouldn’t have ####### out like that deputy sheriff.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    it was faster to use ca95 south to needle or Laughlin back then, a few extra miles better drive.

IndianaF150 Thanks this.
  6. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    That’s where sam kinison was killed by a 17 yr old kid who hit kinison head on. Remember kinison?

7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Haven't been out that way in awhile....How much of it is actually completed and where---and is there a finish date(or guess)for entire stretch?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.