Interstate Distributor Co

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Carguy, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Not an O/O but I do want to say that one of the big pluses with IDC is respect. My only real beefs with the company are on the business side and I think they are mostly growing pains.

Paloma and lawscout Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Runnin

Runnin Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2011
    What should an O/Op look for in regards to length of haul ?
    Also, about how many O/Ops working with IDC now ?
    Thanks in advance for time and info.

4. AfroBat

AfroBat Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    Ok I told them I want to stay south of I-40 can the do that or are they blowing smoke up my rectum? (The trucks have been cut back to 63 makes me cring but I'm on my way out the industry as a company driver after my settlement comes in so whatever) Do they respect a driver and his sleep patterns? I get worn out in a slow truck quick! How much are you bringing home weekly? Are they nice people? I was gonna try PRIDE out of Utah but I don't wanna grow old at a rapid pace. I need to run mostly Ca to Texas and maybe a few states outside that can they do that?
    Please reply ASAP I gotta get this recruter off my back I told them I would try Interstate first besides I hate the bus a long and boring ride and I don't think my cell phone aux battery would last that long anyways :biggrin_25515:

scythe08 Thanks this.
  5. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    All I found was the company's FB page. Where is this other one?

6. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Which essentially refers to any state for which there's a permit in your book. Have to say, this is the first time I've ever heard or seen a driver be advised to contact state government ahead of time to make sure that an up-to-date permit in their book hasn't been canceled by their employer. Guess I better set my speed dial for each of the western 11.

7. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Payroll has difficulty with nonstandard pay.

Right about the same time this citation issue bit you in the behind last year, I was learning the hard way what happens if you pay cash for something other than a scale, toll, or gallon of antifreeze without requesting a Comchek. At my previous company I paid cash for most everything but you can't do that at Interstate.

A few months after hiring in May last year I paid $20 in cash for a trailer washout after hauling a load of scrap fish. When it didn't get reimbursed and I phoned to notify her, in addition to educating me on the Comchek policy my payroll person informed me that she would email my fleet manager and ask him to authorize the reimbursement.

Somehow that didn't work. I think I then put the request in directly with my FM, but my memory is a little sketchy on that. Whatever the case, I know that I ended up phoning my payroll person at least one if not two more times. The last time all she said was it would show up on next week's paycheck.

It continued to not show up for another few weeks. At this point I knew I needed to speak to my payroll person's boss---whoever that was. Turned out to be a woman named Carolyn. After explaining all of the circumstances in complete detail to her---including that I simply wasn't aware---and remember, we're talking about twenty dollars here---she still resisted paying.

I ended up having to adopt a sterner tone and start saying things like "OK look, we both know that this expense is reimbursable and the only issue is I paid cash instead of using a Comchek. My fleet manager is very busy; please don't bother him. You have the authority to pay the $20. Please pay the $20 now."

That phone call must have lasted at least fifteen minutes. At times it was contentious. Again, twenty whole blanking dollars! After finally agreeing to pay it, we both exchanged the disingenuous version of "Have a wonderful day!" and ended the call.

Needless to say I always request a Comchek now. Just the other day I met (and educated) a newbie who currently has two outstanding trailer washout reimbursements that he paid cash for...I pity him.

8. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    mathematrucker Thanks this.
  9. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Lol, is there such a thing as a "back haul"?

10. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013
    They laid off some drivers a few year before I started driving for them. It sounded like it was mostly drivers who lived really far out of route for them, like FL.

sc00ter Thanks this.
  11. tdawginahwa

tdawginahwa Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Desert Southwest
    do you work for Interstate currently...Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.