Interstate Distributor Co

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by Carguy, Sep 12, 2013.

1. tnwildflower

tnwildflower Bobtail Member

I currently run team with IDC. For the most part we are happy. We run out of the Lebanon terminal and stay out 4-5 weeks. We have been getting great miles over the last year but they just did a change in the way they plan loads and that seems to be having a slight negative effect on our miles but we are still running decent. They do have an o/o division but we are company. Maybe one day we will go o/o again. We mostly run out west. Draw a line from Chicago to Dallas and go west. That's our lanes. No problems for us when we call in. Happy trails.

orama53 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I drive for them out of Tacoma, WA and run western 11 dry freight. Been here 4 months. Truck is good (2012 Cascadia), limited at 63mph (yuk), 10 speed tranny, 1800w invertor and built in fridge. Bad news: it has ONGUARD.

Overall I get good miles (my bad weeks are 2700), but I will say I've had to "ride" my FM to get them (she does "crisis management" and doesn't think ahead). I do a lot of I-5 and runs to Salt Lake, with occasional runs to Denver.

Two bad things about IDC. 1) they still use paper logs and it has hit our CSA scores (cheating drivers). This mean more trips over the scales and better chances for inspection. I've driven 850 in past 2 days and scaled 3 times with a lvl 2. 2) they stupidly don't use APU's but then whine about too much idle. My version is: if I'm sweating, I'll idle; If I'm shivering, I'll idle; When the low battery alarm sounds, yup, I'll idle.

I'll answer any questions I can. AND I'M NOT A RECRUITER...

double yellow and orama53 Thank this.
  4. Carguy

Carguy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Detroit MI
    Do they have loads from and to Michigan? and what are backhauls? I spoke to a lady out there and she told me 20% of the loads are back haul. I'm not a big fan of back hauls, it doesn't sound good to hear that.
    Do any of you see other companies hauling interstate trailers?

5. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Not familiar with MI area, so I won't be a lot of help there. Me? I love backhauls and hub/spoke operations. Backhauls put some weight in the trailer which could be helpful in that snow and wind.

Other companies (like werner or swift) pulling IDC trailers: no. What I see is some independents leased to IDC with different names or paint schemes.

6. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    How can you be a trucker for 7 years and not know what a Back Haul is?

7. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    What company didn't? I laid off my drivers too. FL was a wasteland post-building boom/crash. That was 5 years ago, BTW, and completely irrelevant to today. A visit to the RORO ports in 08-10 saw class 8 trucks being exported like crazy as there were so many repos and companies going bankrupt, and foreigners were buying them at .20 on the dollar.

8. mangocat1

mangocat1 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    SoCal
    I drive on the 4x4 fleet out of southern ca. My only complaint is the low CSA score... being red lighted at every single CA weigh station...

9. Carguy

Carguy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Detroit MI
    Whats 4X4 fleet? and I know what a backhaul is.. I just don't like using it because it mean cheap shi*

10. mangocat1

mangocat1 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    SoCal
    4-5 days on, 4 days off. rotating trucks

why do you think backhauls mean cheap?

11. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    I'm also on the 4x4 , first trip out and (Butting Heads) already. I delivered my first load in Sumner Wa at 7am , waited till 11am for a pre trip that could of picked up at 7am. Not a big deal I guess. The big deal is yesterday (Friday the 13th) I was pulled into the South bound Ashland scale,
    The officer said the reason he had me park is I have no ODOT Weight & Fuel TAX Receipt (permit). Pulled out all the permits there it was good till 12/31/13
    So he makes a phone call to his office comes back and said that it has been deactivated by IDC on 8/28/13. And I get a ticket for $435 .
    After shooting Macro's back and forth to IDC Permit dept. and Citation dept. The last Macro I received before they stop returning messages, was it's the drivers duty to check the permits in the truck. ( I'm responsible )
    So it looks like if the paper permit in the truck is up to date it can be invalid ( deactivated by phone or internet by the Co) and you pay

PS. Anyone know who I should be talking to besides these Macro girls that don't want to be bothered . If you do you can PM me Thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.