Interstate Distributors Freedom Board Horrible

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Golden Goose, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Golden Goose

Golden Goose Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So I went to Interstate from Schneider and now am going back to Schneider. Interstate appears on the outside to have a great culture. looks are deceiving. If you don't mind getting under a dollar a mile, this is the place for you. They also charge .06 per mile if your on the west coast for Ifta. Anyone who has paid ifta knows that this is a major over charge. This is just a small thing. Michelle who runs the program is not a pleasant person to deal with. You can only see loads 72 hours out on the board. There is no way that you can plan a week. You are usually planning as you go. Their loads are very cheap as well, and they are not plentiful. Schneider loads out do them 6 to 1. Also, if you plan on leaving them, do it after you have received all payment. They will withhold your full settlement for 30-45 days. Meaning if you did a ton of loads the week before, do not plan on seeing the money the following week. They will pull higher paying loads off of you for company, and leave you with scraps. The Trailer pool is extremely small. Most loads that are offered on the Freedom Board are grocery loads. Anyone who has done grocery loads knows the headaches involved. This is not a good place for an owner operator. I am not trying to rant about them, but inform people of how the Freedom Board at Interstate really is. There is not a whole lot of information about the program out there so I am letting people know what to expect. I am not disgruntle, because I chose to sign my truck on with them. That is on me. I just hope to give others the facts about what to expect so the same mistake is not made.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    OftheBull, SQ200, sevenmph and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Appreciate it ; golden goose
    ....." under a dollar " per ml?
    Doesn't sound too exciting , bet they don't advertise that part much
    Better luck on your next gig

MysticHZ and Golden Goose Thank this.
  4. Golden Goose

Jul 27, 2012
    I know Schneider has its own problems, but I always made money with them. Interstate doesn't like info about them out there. I want people to be able to make an informed decision.

5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    That's why it's good to go to a 100% owner operator company because they won't be able to take loads off of you to put on a company truck so to speak

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Schneider will pull loads from you to give a company driver as well, so be watchful. They deny the practice but it does happen.

SQ200, drvrtech77 and Golden Goose Thank this.
  7. Golden Goose

Jul 27, 2012
    yeah I know. Its unfortunate that it does happen. I had it happen while at Schneider and confronted them and it never happened again. Your right though, any mega fleet will do that.

8. ChuckTaylor13

ChuckTaylor13 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Will one do good with Schneider running the west coast? How are the west coast runs compared to Interstate?

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    No ...

10. ChuckTaylor13

ChuckTaylor13 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2016
    Interstate better for the west?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.