Interstate or Roadrunner?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Alhousseny Gamby, Dec 9, 2016.

1. truckdriver337

truckdriver337 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2016
    It's like no force dispatch I don't like it .they trying to make me feel like have control but really don't please look at other options before coming here

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mqc1298

mqc1298 Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Mableton, GA
    That was quick...

4. Grharris3

Grharris3 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I work for roadrunner and have also worked for Interstate. I would say roadrunner. I just got rehired back here.and thing are not as bad as they was before.

5. Grharris3

Grharris3 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Now o can tell you that interstate load board is not what you think. They do not have alot of loads. The only area where there is alot of loads on the board is the west coast and they are heavy as hell my friend

6. mqc1298

mqc1298 Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Mableton, GA
    I can believe it!! Im running JAX to ATL mostly on the container side so their load board has no bearing on me..

7. Learning the game

Learning the game Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    But I've heard the total opposite, o/os I know love Interstate and their freedom board, they say Roadrunner used to be ok, but they made some changes, that made quite a few guys leave. Now I'm on the West and looking for a company where I can lease my truck onto and hire a driver, I spoke with a recruiter at Road runner and their ltl program sounds good for what I plan on doing, however I also spoke with a recruiter at Interstate and the numbers he gave me looked ok as well., then I get guys like you, who give their opinion, that metes me think, the same way you get other people that may not like the other companies

8. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Really everyone I know from interstate left during g the transition ie buy out ....it has been downhill And crappy since January when I was inthier"driver council" meeting turn over then was 400% i.m sure it is double that now.....

9. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    And the container division he was in did not get sold to heartless it got spun off before the sale ....as far as enough money to pay a driver on the free board you are better off just selling your truck

10. Learning the game

Learning the game Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Well a friend of mine did $200,000 gross, net was $115,000 real numbers off freedom board. I can't speak for everyone else, but if you know how to work the board, it can be good, but you must know the lanes and freight , know how to calculate.

11. bigdad7

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.