Interstate trip sheet app (currently Mac only)

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by mathematrucker, Jul 6, 2013.

1. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    When I started at Interstate a couple months ago, I just couldn't bring myself to manually fill in all those insanely annoying bubbles on their trip envelopes, so I wrote a Mac app to do it for me. Any IDC driver is welcome to have a copy of this app for free. Currently you'll need a Mac and a printer in your truck to use it. (I may eventually build a Windows version depending on how many responses this post generates. It wouldn't be difficult at all because I used a cross-platform back end to build the app.)

A side benefit is you don't need to stock very many trip envelopes in your truck---just a few for those few remaining (old-fashioned) customers who still require paper copies of the POD. (Actually I just turn in those BOL's by hand the next time I get to Tacoma---so I don't stock ANY trip envelopes at all.) You do need to keep a good supply of blank paper, however.

Shoot me a message (or reply here) if you're interested.

carmensmom Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I'd love one (windows based). I just moved over to DDL for logs, bought the printer etc. The more paperwork I can do on the computer, the better.

4. carmensmom

carmensmom Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Albuquerque NM
    I'd love to try the Mac app, currently dont have our printer in the truck, but will change that when we get back home in Aug. Anything to make life easier out here on the road is a big help.

5. B5Freak

B5Freak Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Irving, TX
    Count me as another interested in a Windows version. Always interested in something that can take the tedium out of paperwork.

6. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Just looked now and found these replies. I'm almost done adding log sheets to the package (sort of a trimmed-down version of DDL). Will report back soon.

7. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    Yesterday I started using the app for logging. I've used DDL before and think this may actually be better. One thing's for sure: the price---free!---is way better. DDL is way overpriced at $90 if you ask me.

Just need to do a little fine tuning now. The Mac beta should be ready in less than a week.

8. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    The Mac version is now ready. Just sent carmensmom the link (I don't think TTF allows posting it here, otherwise I would).

9. mathematrucker

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV
    There is now also a Windows version available. Anyone who's interested can either post here or shoot me a PM. I'll get back to you with a link where you can download the app.

10. buddybaker

buddybaker Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2007
    This is slick, Thanks for all your time and effort, logged with it this morning and I will be useing it, lots of good info on the sheet, easy to use, Thank You

11. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Works very well, took me a day to get used to the quirks of the program, but all cleaned up now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.