Interstate Truck Driving Jobs

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by OregonJoe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. driveapbt

driveapbt Light Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Oregon Joe I see your phone number on here is it ok to call you with questions and if so when is a good time thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NJKatwoman

NJKatwoman Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2009
    New Jersey
    I've been with Interstate since the beginning of October 2013. Yes, they send you routing, but some of those roads I refuse to take, only because I think they're "turkey trails", lol! Like I don't have a problem running US 29 out of NC going up to NJ, but I won't run it at night. My load planner works with me, and I've been running daylight hours. Those first couple of months were a bit rough for me, schedule was wacky...like run a few hours in the morning to get to my delivery, shut down for 10/12 hours, and then run night hours. Once I'm up, I'm up for the day, so I couldn't be awake for five hours, and go back to sleep for 8. But I tried. I did have a couple of 4,000 mile weeks. Now I've settled into a much more reasonable routine, and I usually average 2,000 to 2500 miles a week, and I'm fine with that. My truck, a Kenworth T-680 does have a bunk heater, but the batteries in this truck are weak, the mechanics say 'it's a glitch', so I don't run the bunk heater. If it's cold enough, like 30 degrees, I may wake up in the night to run the truck a few minutes to warm her up enough to get back to sleep, then the truck will shut off on it's own unless you depress the accelarator to trigger it to keep running. If it falls below 26 degrees, the truck will keep running, and my fleet manager has told us to keep the trucks running when it gets that frigid out. The health benefits are great, and you get them from day one. No waiting 30, 60, or 90 days. They have 401 K from day one also. I'm happy with Interstate now, and would like them to be the last trucking company that I ever work for. Yes, they do have a pet policy, but cats have to be declawed, (I could never do that, it's cruel and inhumane to the kitty). It's $750.00 per pet, they will deduct $100.00 a week from your pay. Home time is great, I get home weekly, and this week, I actually got home twice in one week, I live in NC, and my home terminal is in Lebanon, TN. My FM is a really great guy, I enjoy working for him, he treats his team well, I think. The terminal in Lebanon has very nice showers, free washer and dryer, (you supply the detergent. They used to but some stupid pig drivers were stealing all the dry detergent and so they ruined it for the rest of us). Towels are provided for the shower, but if any more stupid pig drivers steal any more towels, the rest of us will be very negatively impacted if Interstate takes the towels away, too. There is an exercise room, and the driver's lounge is very nice, with a coffee machine that dispenses delicious hot coffee at the push of a button, 24/7, no charge. I've worked for a few large companies before, and I have to say that I think Interstate treats their drivers the best. They have an 'open door' policy. When I'm at my home terminal, I try to find a minute to go upstairs to dispatch and see my FM, maybe bring him a snack, or a little token of appreciation. We are still on paper logs, which I love, I hate the EOBR's. I hope that I never feel differently about INTD, that my employ with them will be happy and fruitful for them and I until I retire.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Hey Joe! You oughta be a millionaire by now you'd think. Looks like they banned you for now though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.