Iron Skillet... Never again

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Friday, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I swore them off last week. I was in a loner truck and didn't have my fridge which lead to my scathing review of the OKC Iron Skillet earlier in the thread.

The Dennys at Sioux Falls in the Flying J.....HORRIBLE! Piss poor service, HORRIBLE food, can't believe I paid $12.00 bucks for that disgusting plate of slop. I'm on the road four days a week and run the same route. I usually eat out twice in that time and have found a few holes in the wall worth it. But Denny's and Iron Skillet are defiantly out for me for good.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

Chock full of wholesome GMO goodness!

dca Thanks this.
  4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Does the J in Rapid City still have a real restaurant or did they give in to Denny's by now too? Was the last one standing I knew of but I haven't been through there since 2013.

5. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    WHO CARES? It's Truck stop problems for not making good healthy and tasty.
    WALMART + BIGcooler ( better with small freezer) + micowave will solve all your problems .
    Pre-cooked food there not so bad ( especially after you will compare it to FlyJ) , masshed potates , vegies , fruit, hotdogs , yogurts, will serve you just fine!

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I haven't been out that way since around 2012 myself. I run up I-29 weekly. I do remember one Flying J Country Market holdout in the southeast though. Seems like I saw it in the last couple of years. I think it was around 2010 during the PFJ merge when Denny's and IHOP started moving in. Country Market wasn't great but I could always find something decent to eat there.

DTP Thanks this.
  7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    For some some I'm reminded of the philly steak I picked up at a subway and spent two days sick with food poisoning at the flying j in sioux falls.. but i bought the sandwich earlier at location that wasn't truck related.

9. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    They were good for breakfast. I live about 5 minutes from a J and would go get a French toast breakfast and they'd bring me out 3 plates of food for $8.99. Some of the ones in the SW had buffets with really good Mexican food on occasion, which was a nice change of pace...

NavigatorWife and Dna Mach Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I just cooked some of that. Good, but that Classico sauce is too thin. I like whatever Olive Garden uses.

NavigatorWife and Dna Mach Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I always ask for well done. At least then I know it won't be raw.

dca Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.