IRP Registration Audit Letter Help!!!

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by razorcbl, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Since you live in Illinois, you can contact the Midwest Truckers Association in Springfield and become part of their pool. They also have a plan as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoubleDear

DoubleDear Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Harrisburg PA
    Well razorcbl ! That was my question too! Where ever you live, find a clinic that does employment physicals and drug testing. Call them up and ask them to place your name on their random drug testing list.
    They will send you a letter stating that they have you on their list. And every , who knows, so often, whenever, you may get a letter from them, stating that your dad was picked to come in and take a drug test.

Actually if you read the Federal Motor Carrier Regulation book, it talks about the Random Drug Testing in there.

When we got audited, they said even with one or two people driving,they're still required to get on the Random List.

but if you're getting an IRP Audit,, I would right now work on getting your mileages correct and up to date. There should be several forms that you can get from your State Motor Vehicle Dept throught the Apportioned registration dept, that indicates how many miles are estimated for each jurisdiction/state. . I have made copies and used those monthly, to keep on file . It makes a good impression and them Audit people likes to see things like that
    Also make sure your fuel taxes with mileages are done. .

It's better to keep your odometer miles written on the logs each time the truck got fuel.
    Hopefully your dad did and retained his logs. That is the utmost important thing. That's what you should be really working on.
    Good Luck!
    My prayers go out to you! :biggrin_25517:

4. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    random drug testing from ooida (100 a year) and other consortums are pricey check with your local hospital i only pay $13 a year

DoubleDear Thanks this.
  5. DoubleDear

DoubleDear Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Harrisburg PA
    Wow! Cool! Thanks! Never knew that 112racing.!

But are not hospitals outrageous in their fees?

Are you talking about a clinic in the hospital?

And are you using a medical insurance card to cover the fee?

I know around here at these employment clinics, like Concentra, they charge 40 dollars.

6. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    You have to be part of a DOT pool, not just a random drug testing program.

I would never recommend OOIDA. Then are others just as good and alot less.

7. razorcbl

razorcbl Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Chicago IL
    My dad drives locally within a 40 mile radius. Hasn't driven Interstate in over 10 years, nevertheless yearly Fuel taxes with mileages have always been fully complete.

He did manage to find a calendar that he put the total daily mileage from those years. Would you recommend moving this over to a more manageable "prettier" looking tracker?

Is there a format you recommend for these short distances? or does it not matter?

(Oh and he has been taking the same routes for the past 5 years or so, yeah talk about boring)

We can get the GAS calculations from our Credit card statement.

One last Q, The letter came addressed to our company name, but the company hasn't been around the time frame the audit is inquiring about. This doesn't make sense to me

I feel like sending all of you a check instead of paying the DMV.
    Thanks guys (and gals) for all of your help, much appreciated. :biggrin_25525:

8. Roadmedic

Apr 4, 2007
    Does he cross state lines?

If not, then you really have little to worry about. They will note the miles on the truck and look at fuel receipts. Your miles will be assessed at one state. You can also show what the daily route is for the truck.

9. razorcbl

razorcbl Bobtail Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Chicago IL
    No he does not cross state lines, He drives a dump Truck back and forth up to 5 times a day. Like i said the farthest he goes at one time is up to 40 miles.

The inquiry we received was for 2007 and 2008. Im assuming these are the application file years and they correspond to mile log years 2004 - 2005. Id call the DMV but they don't know what im talking about.

10. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    Roadmedic had some good advice, get a hold of the Midwest Truckers Assn in Springfield and they can help you with everything. I think they have deal where they will walk you through everything you need for an audit, I haven't used it yet, but I probably should. We've been members for I think 12 years, haven't found too many questions they can't answer. Their number is 217-525-0310. They also have a website.

11. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    He also has to have a filled out employment app on file,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.