Is anyone an OOIDA member?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DaytonTD, Sep 27, 2020.

1. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    ATA is the formal name of the mobsters known as the Mega Carriers. It is their own organization that they funnel their profits through to push their own political agendas. ELD? ATA. HOS? ATA etc., etc.

As for OOIDA, I have found them to be uninterested in any agenda but their own, They keep picking fights that really aren't high on my priority list as an O/O. I've never been asked what issues I want them to tackle.

Their drug consortium doesn't understand the concept of O/O. They wanted to charge me extra for being one. I explained how the O/O has to wear many hats and that I shouldn't be charged extra for it. Too bad, they said.

Well, too bad for them. I don't recommend them and won't renew my membership next year. I didn't want to do it this year, but I was trying to join their consortium. Ended up with a deal for half their price anyway,

feldsforever and DaytonTD Thank this.
  4. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    There is no better alternative to OOIDA. I joined them not too long ago, after many years of my passive support of what they were standing for. They fight and stand for things that are generally good and common to vast majority of members...owner operators.
    I can't remember a single issue I would disagree with them over the course of the last 15 years, since I found out about them on XM Satellite Radio.
    I don't really care about perks such as various discounts, drug consortium.
    Those are cheap enough to find and pay somewhere else.
    ATA is the enemy of the independent owner operators. Their agenda is to subdue and destroy the "independence" of owner operators
    They wanted ELDs, they want speed limiters, they want all laws and regulations to give competitive edge to megas at the expense of smaller carriers and independents.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.