Is anyone else having any problems with Knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by am99gt, May 5, 2007.

1. sandman222

sandman222 Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2008
    klamath falls,oregon
    if he is getting 1900 miles a week this time of year thats pretty #### good as a solo driver he is only about 700 of what a solo can do leagally anyway.during this time of year "TAX TIME" thats not bad keep yer chin up and just git er done!!!!:biggrin_2558:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    1900 miles in 7 days is never good ANY time of the year and I can certainly log more then 2600 miles a week legally as a solo even driving I-5 all week. I use to run routinely from Sea -Tac area down to the Sacramento area x2 in 5 days time and go home fore 2 days 2940 miles /5= 588miles per day at 53.5 miles per hour average in 11 hours per day of driving. Easy to log and easy to do. heck felt like part time compared to the days in past years when I would log 700-800 miles a day on the road running coast to coast.

2600 miles in a 7 day period means you are sitting either at a dock or a truck stop for a lot of hours since these miles can be run in 4 to 5 days by most newbies, let alone a experienced driver.

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I voted "Other"........Knight Transportation

Knight Transportation is by far the worst of the worst of the worst.

Ever drive for a company that did everything in its' power to keep you from your home terminal cuz they knew once you got anywhere near the place you would turn in the truck? I have.....Knight Transportation.

Ever drive for a company that kept you in the rockies or western states, and claimed they had no freight going east of Denver ever? I have.....Knight Transportation.

Ever drive for a company that has a 4 to 1 trailer to tractorratio, and never have an empty trailer for you anywhere? I have.......Knight Transportation.

Ever drive for a company that for whatever reason, made you sit for a day or two every time you got to one of the terminals? I have.......Knight Transportation.

Ever drive for a company that refused to get you to the house when your daughter has been involved in an accident and is in the hospital, just cuz there's nothing going that direction? I have......Knight Transportation.

Ever drive for a company that you checks were less than you spent living on the road for that week? I have.......Knight Transportation.

Belive me; I can go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on if I wanted to.......but I think you get the point.

rodknocker Thanks this.
  5. COUNTRY GOOSE

COUNTRY GOOSE Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2009
    BALDWIN,GEORGIA
    keep in mind that knight is a terminal ran company.meaning each terminal is different in a lot of ways. not that bad of a company when compared to other big ones.speaking from someone who was there almost 4 years,i can tell you that i believe the atlanta terminal is the worst of all in all regards.if u or anyone needs any answers to any questions about knight just let me know.

6. chucky

chucky Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Massachusetts
    So you're ranking Knight up there with CRE, Werner, and Swift? I didn't know for sure but I was under the impression they were at least a couple of notches above those bottom dwellers.

7. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Knight transportation does not pay their drivers very much at all. They advertise .46 cents a mile. They try to tell you to take per diem pay. Every time you get your check they show you on the quailcom how much your check would be if you took the per diem. I called the company and asked about their scheme after I recieved my first check. They told me that it's sooo confusing and I would need to go to their Richmond terminal and that lady would try to explain it.......It don't matter who explains it. It's still the worst paycheck I've seen in many many years. I can't believe the rules they have. I was thinking my check would be well over $1000 dollers. They pay anywhere from .21 cents to .27 cents a mile. That's it. I can prove it if anyone wish's to see. They take their .34 cents and multiply it by a percentage. then they take away 2 cents for whatever reason. After all the butchering of the miles is done they add their per diem. ... Which is .11 cents. They multiply it to the amount of money you made instead of giving you .11 cents per mile. . . . Meaning if you drive 1000 miles you will make around 250.00 max. Yep that's it. I worked there about 12 days total. I quit on good terms and . It's been a month now. . . I still have not recieved my final check!! every time I call they give me some excuse that I'm no longer active in the puter and they have to make me active and then make me unactive and they keep messing up. . I think I'll use that excuse when it's time to pay my house bill. The banks should be ok with it.

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

This is the taxable mileage pay amount if you are on perdiem, not the total mileage pay.

.34 cents is what you are payed for a run over 500 miles on the sliding scale. If you are on perdiem you are paid .21 cents taxable and .11cents non taxable. They don't take .2cents away. People who are not on perdiem get payed .34 cents taxable and people who are on perdiem get paid .21 cents taxable and .11cents non taxable. They are 2 different ways to get payed. Do you savvy?

What?:biggrin_2551:

1000 miles would be $210 taxable and $110 non taxable on the perdiem pay, for a total of $320 or .32 cents per mile. Whether $70 bucks is taken out or not depends on the individuals deductions for such things as benefits or taxes. But the pay is $320 on perdiem or $340 non-perdiem not $250.

I would also point out that a driver on either pay plan would have to take their mileage pay for each trip and get a average for the week or month, since they pay higher for runs under 500 miles which would raise your mileage pay for the week or month.

12 days on the job and you think you quit on good terms? You wasted the companies time by even coming to orientation which is why,

Does not look like they share your deduction that the seperation was on too good of terms at all. Do you know how much money they spent for your 12 days on the job? And you want a check?

Well I would definitely use that one over I worked 12 days and quit without any savings, so I can't pay my bill. :biggrin_25525:

truckingbear76 Thanks this.
  9. rodknocker

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    I stayed 7 days longer than my friends did. I guess they had them figured out after the 1st week. They stayed at the motel. I drove back and forth from the house. I wasn't there to take advantage of them. I wen't there hoping I could make a decent living. If I cost them alot of money. They would be bankrupt because of their %80 turnover and that percentage is lower than the national average mainly because of the many part time drivers they have. I ran nearly 2300 miles and brought home in the upper $400's. I claim 2 on my taxes. A company that has an %80 turnover has the problem. Not me. I am glad I spent some time there because I wanted to find out for myself about these kind of outfits.... They told me that they have enough money to haul freight for an entire year, pay for fuel, pay the drivers and not recieve any money from their customers and still be okay. I will get my money and it's going to cost them more than the minimum wage check they owe me.

10. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Rodknocker, I'm not best buddies with the Knights, buteven I know you aren't going to get your final check because you pretty much signed it away. Check out your paperwork and look for the one what says they will take $250 if you quit within 3 months.

It's a sliding payscale.

It is your own fault for being on the per diem.

They tell you they burn two cents when you are on the per diem pay because of government rules.

Christ. :biggrin_25512:

11. rodknocker

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    I'll get my money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.